Rally Chat That Dammed Illusive New Forest Meet (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Jax and Paul (pandj)

image.jpeg

Linda (lindyloot) and Les (Les)

image.jpeg

Sandra & Paul (Porkster)

image.jpeg

Gary & George and (sorry, don't know thelady's name) - (The Archer)

image.jpeg

Ray & friends! (Swanseajack)

image.jpeg

Popeye

image.jpeg

Sorry don't know your name (Stumpy) and David Duxdeluxe)

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 4

Stumpy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
A CLASSI HAVE BEEN MOTORHOMING FOR OVER 12 YEARS
OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Had the most enjoyable weekend and met some new friends very happy to meet you all! And haven't laughed so much for ages especially with Ray.

Ray always gets a laugh, sad that people choose to laugh at him, he can't help it! :rofl:

I can only echo what has been said before.......... what a great meet this has been. To finally meet @Popeye was an honour (I think:LOL:) and a huge Thanks goes to him, his crew that helped set up and run the gig and all the Funsetrs that made it such a blast.

So glad you came John, and now I have met you the pi$$ taking will begin........

meets like this might be put on by a few hard workers(y) thanks all you know who you are, but they are made what they are by everybody, thanks everybody.

Thanks to David for taking over the photographer position from Joy

I have to concur, we worked to make it work but it's you lot that made it work, it really was a great mix of people, and though I'm sad that Joy and PeterC and ShiftZZ and his Happy Hooker weren't there it was Deb's meet and she has just written to David and me and this is what she said.

"I have been so overwhelmed by peoples kindess & support. I think that is what's helping me get through each day.

So boys, thank you and if you could pass my deepest thanks & gratitude on to everyone I'd be very grateful. I've done well today, only had a few tears when I first got up!

Hopefully you will do another New Forest meet and hopefully you'll let me help."

Wow! What a cracking weekend!

Retiring Joyce and Tubby Colin, what can I say, whatever you do, don't tell them your real name Brenda.

and not forgetting @Debs who started it all off. .thankyou all

Thanks Roy, and thank-you for your support and your sound system.

It was obvious that a lot of hard work and effort had gone into this event.

One of the best Fun rallies i have been to.

This was our first outing in 'white blob bus' and Hannah and myself could not have been made to feel more welcome. What a lovely bunch of people from all walks and life and backgrounds and not a hint of my vans better than your van

....and you fitted right in there as two of those lovely people.

This was definitely a 'Carlsberg' weekend.. (probably the best rally in the world!)

A big thanks from us as well, it was our first Funster rally and we really enjoyed it.

Well along with Houdini, retiringjoyce, Jamwitt, Baycott, Gozomike, NeilFG, Scottie and Harp07 I must say it was a pleasure to meet all these new faces.

Well, what a rally to be on for our first one! Great atmosphere and lots of laughs - here's to the lovely people we met and the lovely people we didn't.

it really was what fun is all about

So I think it's about time you changed your AVATAR, don't you, nice witches outfit Di! Coooor!

Stumpy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
A CLASSI HAVE BEEN MOTORHOMING FOR OVER 12 YEARS
Thanks Popeye and all who arranged this fantastic weekend now get that marquee cleaned! ;) the better half is jealous she missed it (y)(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes, lovely Debs contacted the girls too to say it obviously going to be a busy couple of days so she won't be on the forum, but if anyone has anything they need to know about the funeral arrangements to text or phone her.

Can't wait to hug her in person ... the road to the future in sight for her and so wish could take her hurt away.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Great Rally Popeye you was an awesome host and as they say behind every good man is a good woman your wife an excellent hostess always smiling. Your great team of helpers called in at last minute also did an amazing job so thank you each and everyone of you. Thank you to everyone one that chatted to Sandra and I and made us welcome sorry I didnt meet everyone but I am not one for introducing myself call it shyness if you like lol.

Being not far from me I was really looking forward to this rally and was intending staying the duration being a wage slave and for reasons beyond my control it wasnt to be gutted pissed of is an understatement. But if it happens again next year I will make sure I am sick that week :whistle:. I will also offer my help and have been racking my brain as what I could do. well maybe I could be one of the bacon butty chefs that gives Sandra a year to train me and I understand its almost tradition at Fun meets.

Here is a few pics
IMG_20161029_134220.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161029_134215.jpg
    IMG_20161029_134215.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20161029_134232.jpg
    IMG_20161029_134232.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20161030_113728.jpg
    IMG_20161030_113728.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20161029_134248.jpg
    IMG_20161029_134248.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20161029_134531.jpg
    IMG_20161029_134531.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 33

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Don't forget Ray and jules @SwanseaJack they both did far more than me, in fact I didn't see Ray stop! All I did was provide some dubious quality raffle prizes and help Robert with some rum drinking! Always happy to help.

And thanks to @Taran_Las for his lovely soup and excellent molehill moving skills:whistle:

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
What a tremendous meet! So much fun, and so well organised by @Popeye @Armytwowheels @Ron & Gerri @Mousy @cliffandger .

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Glad that we've managed to raise a fair amount for some very worthwhile causes.
Let us know the totals when you've got your calculator out @Popeye !
:active:
Got home this afternoon and can only echo the above thanks. We had an awesome time and met a whole load of new people. Superb....

P.S. your dog Jess is an utter tart...........she is gorgeous......

P.P.S. sorry, I think we missed saying goodbye

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sorry we couldnt pop up and see you all this weekend, but life and illness as usual got in the way. really pleased you enjoyed your stay in our part of the world, literally. Brenda lived in the cottage as you turn into what was the airfield until she was 7. and her family owned the land in that area until it was requisitioned at the outbreak of world war 2 by the military and not returned. still holds many good memories

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Looks like I missed a great meet. Let's hope the Goth meet is half as good.

Lottiethehymer

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
Northampton
Funster No
MH
B class
Exp
I would like to say a very big thank you to Popeye and all his helpers for making our first funster meet a very enjoyable weekend, it was lovely to meet the other funster's, and I don't think anything more could have made it any better, my new baby Oscar definitely enjoyed all his cuddles , can't wait to see you all again and meet other funster's, once again thank you and well done, Pam Paul Jake and Oscar xx

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thanks Popeye and all who arranged this fantastic weekend now get that marquee cleaned! ;) the better half is jealous she missed it (y)(y)(y)(y)

Thanks Geoff, I sincerely hope that this wonderful better half of which you speak, (and let's face it she'd have to be pretty special to put up with you) keeps you on a tighter leash than we were able, in which case you'll both be welcome if we do it again.

Just to prove I do as I'm told....... this is the roof, washed both sides and trying to dry......

........bleddy leaves..... bleddy Forest........

Marquee roof.JPG

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
thank you and well done, Pam Paul Jake and Oscar xx

I would just check that Oscar is still with you, there were more than just @Mousy and me that would have happily stolen him, and by the way I could take legal action and demand that you let me have that Dog until he is no longer a threat to the Human race, this hurt.......

img_0915-jpg.130883

In conclusion @Popeye and @Armytwowheels - I think we got away with it.....;)

Do you really think so Ger?, I'm sure some must have spotted joins or our deliberate mistakes but hey, #woatateam.

Lovely though it was I'd trade it all for Debs and Les to have made this THEIR meet more than we did!

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Many thanks to all those who organised and ran the event at a great venue.

I am still in the area on a CL near Christchurch.

Really nice to put a name to the Avatar after so long Mike and thank you for attending and supporting us.

Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back