Thanks for the paint scuff............ (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I'm sure this has happened to most of us with one vehicle or another. Someone has opened their door in the car park recently ( probably in the supermarket ) and left a nice scuff mark on the door. It's white paintwork on the door with dark scuffing. I know I could get some T cut but I'm sure that there is an easier way that someone on here will know.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Annoying, isn`t it..:Sad:

About 2 days after the misses got her new car, some idiot in ASDA car park did the same to her... :Angry:

T-Cut and a good polish is the best way to go... just hope it hasn`t gone to far through the coats of paint..

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a lump hammer and a blow torch would help it blend in :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
on a more serious note, if the surface of the paint is damaged, you can buy a colour match polish to use after T cut or cutting compound. The alternative is to T cut it and then get a smart repairer to patch the paintwork. We had a repair done one one of our cars that was similar, black mark on the red paint. 1 1/2 hours and you now cant see where the damage was and at £80 its guaranteed for as long as we keep the car. oh and they did it at the house so no taking it into a bodyshop and leaving it with them

http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/

check the website for a franchise local to you

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Not sure tcut is the best product on newer or good paint surfaces.. None of the detailer recommend it at all.. On a positive note we have a chips away in WoodfordgGreen.. Used him twice.. Excellent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I have to agree with TheBig1 about Chipsaway. I had a small area on the MH around the door where the paint had flaked off. Chap came and said that as it was right next to the window rubber to do the job thoroughly it would need stripping down in a body shop. We agreed on his best efforts to do a brush touch up. Have to say the result was very good.
Would definitely recommend them. The paint match was excellent.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back