Thanks Eddie

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by MuddyPuddle, Apr 17, 2016.

1. MuddyPuddle

MuddyPuddle Funster

Having experienced a failing leisure battery whilst at the Show this weekend investigation showed Banner not a sealed for life battery and had run almostt dry. Panic mode set in and SWMBO decided we needed to fit an extra battery to avoid future stress. 2 stall holders would have been happy to take our cash for a new batter - then visited Van Bitz stall and Eddie queried the need for an extra battery, gave sound advice on what to do to attempt to restore and check condition of failed battery and though he could easily fit another battery for us suggested we really consider if it was needed.....great to have someone providing good customer focused service and not just interested in emptying your wallet - but that's what you get from Van Bitz great customer service. thanks Eddie :)

• Like Like x 21
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Van Bitz great customer service(y)

• Like Like x 3
  3. MuddyPuddle

MuddyPuddle Funster

Having tried and failed to revive the flagging battery we were happy today to do the round trip to Van Bitz to pick up a new 110ah Banner Battery and as usual received good friendly service and a good price :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Ah, are you sure it was @eddievanbitz though, 'cos he's usually on holiday see. .................... Just sayin like. :imoutahere:

• Funny Funny x 8
  5. carolyn

carolyn Funster

I know what you mean, when we had our alarm and solar panel fitted on our new van last year we were all set to have the b2b charger as well. Ashley discussed it at length and advised us not to get one and see how we went. He thought it was unlikely we'd need one and if we did we could have it fitted at a later date. We haven't needed one yet but if we'd had one fitted we would have been none the wiser. Very honest.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I'm surprised Eddie sold you a Banner, I thought he stocked quality stuff.

7. Jagtazman

Jagtazman Funster

Are you taking piss or being serious? I thought banner were decent?

8. alfandM

alfandM Funster

Caring about folk and there needs,and not only there cash,top marks in my book ,very rare these days(y)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reevsie

Reevsie Funster

I had my first visit to Vanbitz last year to get some stuff fitted. On the first night my heating failed in my brand new motorhome. Not knowing what to do Eddie stepped in to see what he could do to help me. He was their for 7:30 at night and eventually got it sorted for me. The fix was nothing to do with what I went in for and he would not accept the money I offered him for the help. I did promise to buy him a bottle of red next time I come down. But I think it will be empty by them!