Thank You So Much Funsters. Pat yourselves on the back. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well funsters, today is the day my JustGiving page expired for my fundraising efforts this year.

In total we funsters raised £446 for the Helpforheroes campaign.

To raise that money, I ran a total of 2 marathons, 2 ultra marathons (33mile) and 2 Half marathons in just 8 weeks. :Eeek:

I continue to run Marathons to maintain my fitness levels and keep the training going for Next years fundraising challenge.

This is hopefully going to be the London Marathon (should I get a place) and this will be followed up by running the Normandy 44. This is 44 miles along the cliffs and beaches of the Normandy landings on the 6th June 70 years after D day.

Im undecided as to which charity I will work for next year but will keep you all informed. Thus far as funster's over 4 years of running we have raised an astonishing £1500 for 3 very worthwhile charities.

The Pancreatic cancer research charity
The Make a Wish foundation (for kids that are terminally ill)
Help for Heroes.

When I say "we" that's a we as funsters and doesn't include all my other work/friends/family etc etc, even the cloke that gave me £2 when he saw me wearing a Tshirt and asked what Im doing next.

So if anyone has a specific charity, close to their heart that they think might float the boat of many others, please let me know for next year. Charity is a personal thing which is why I won't be tied down to one in particular, I am always cautious of the "administration fees" of some charities and check them out thoroughly.

So once again ,

Thanks to you all. :thumb:

keep the wheels turning,

Last edited:

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
A big pat on the back for you and all people of Britain that do these brilliant events for very worthwhile causes I dont participate in any but I always support through donations and word of mouth where I can ::bigsmile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well dune haggers hope to see you there next year as we are planning something for the cadet’s around that time looking for camp sites now
in normanday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hopefully you'll be there next year Paul and we'll be there with you continuing to offer support be it cash or just best wishes. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back