LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We had a hab service done last week and ever since then every time i try and set the alarm i get a couple of extra beeps and then about a minute later the alarm goes off is an easy fix available or will it have to go back in? :cry:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
thatcham is a security standard (in the case of vehicle alarms) and not the manufacturer. therefore working out what fault it may be is a bit difficult. try resetting the alarm system as per manufacturers instructions and make sure all doors are closed including the bonnet and that the switches havent been knocked.

on many alarms 2 beeps is a door open warning

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks for a quick reply problem is i haven't got any instructions (that i can understand) i found the bonnet push in button and that looks ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
You need to identify the make first.
Are there any identifying stickers on the windows or key-fob?
Does the alarm have a bike-rack loop (a cable with a multi-pin connector at one end and a pull-apart link between the two wires at the other?

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
I have a Cobra. The beeps on my van normally indicate a door open?

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks for the reply's i will have another look before i take it back to dealers:Doh:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
As journeyman says, they usually beep to warn you of an open door. Usual culprit is the bonnet sensor breaking up inside ....they look ok, but do take alot of grief!

Take some wire, an insulated pair of pliers and remove the connector from the back of the switch. Bend the wire so is goes into both ends of the connector (using pliers so you don't risk zapping yourself!)

Place somewhere where it cannot touch anything/tape up with inulating tape. No need to close the bonnet - you have just folled it into thinking it is.

Reset the alarm, and see if the fault is gone or not. If it has, replace the switch - if not, move onto the next one.:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I had a similar problem with my Cobra alarm, and discovered that the door contact on the garage door had become dislodged whilst unloading and was obviously not making contact when the door was closed. I just put the contact back in place and bingo problem sorted. :thumb:

There's a similar contact under the bonnet too.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
If the alarm has been triggered the inside warning will flash, and it flashes a code which identifies what caused the alarm to be triggered.

You need to know the model of alarm. You can then find a manual.

http://www.manualslib.com/download/29161/Cobra-8165.html

The link has manuals for cobras.

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks for all your help just been having a look and found the wire connecting to the bonnet alarm had come off so feeling pleased with myself i put it back on and the alarm still wouldn't set bugger

Steve_UK

Free Member
May 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Clubman GL
Exp
Since May 2012
Thanks for all your help just been having a look and found the wire connecting to the bonnet alarm had come off so feeling pleased with myself i put it back on and the alarm still wouldn't set bugger

...And did you follow Rainbow Chaser's advice in post #7 to check the switch?

What was the outcome?

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Not yet Steve but i probably will tomorrow i still cant understand why the wire was off

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
The alarm type is Autowatch 695 can, if the wire had come off would it mean the alarm needs re setting and if so does anybody know how to do it

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you need the installers notes and fault finding guide, download the link below and print off. if you pass this on to your chosen auto electrician it will save time and money

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
if you need the installers notes and fault finding guide, download the link below and print off. if you pass this on to your chosen auto electrician it will save time and money

Broken Link Removed

Thanks for that Big1 i have rung my dealer up who were ringing me back but never did i was hoping i wouldn't have to take it in but it is still under warranty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back