tgrow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tgrow, Dec 17, 2011.

1. tgrow

tgrow Read Only Funster

Hi all
    New member just signed up. I have been motorhoming for 4 years now. I have a Winnebago Le Sharo that I purchased without any experience and have thus rebuilt it from scratch replacing all the American parts with English. I am presently replacing the Renault 4 speed with a 5 speed box. We (wife) have toured toured France and Spain quite extensively over the past three years have used both aires and campsites and have generally had a great time even during breakdowns, (which cost a fortune in both Spain and France). I am retired and my wife works only when she needs to. Because of the limitations of having a small engine and loving mountains I am currently in the process of buying a Smart car to tow behind on an `A` frame towbar. Any advice would be most welcome.

2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

5 speed box on a Renault 4 ??....Sacrilège!!!:Eeek: Ah well , I guess you'll give it a new life , and she will be a big girl among the other cars now:Smile:

Anyway.... Bienvenue à bord :BigGrin: (errrm I have an old caravan which would love to see a few bits to be changed..... If you bored and in France , let me know:Blush:)

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to the site, I hope the tin worm is not too extensive. Most le sharo's I have come across were fallling to bits. Hopefully you have found a good one (or at least it will be by the time you have finished)

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

First advice then is search on A frames in here, especially if you like Spain.

5. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Make sure you do your research first....

One or two interesting "A Frame" threads on here which can help you make your mind up....

Oh and welcome.....:thumb::thumb:

6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi Tgrow and welcome to Fun:welcomefunster: