Testing New Gadget... (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have been looking into this some more and I think JJ that you have put me onto something here...

I can get a simple spreadsheet app that will allow me to do my core finances on. I can't currently do this on my Blackberry phone. i can't do this on my tablet because it doesn't have internet access all the time.

I can use it for note taking/task lists. Means I don't have to boot up my laptop or my main computer.

I can set up a Nagios monitoring system on it for monitoring my servers and get instant notifications of any problems.

The list goes on and on, I am now looking at getting it on three with an unlimited internet plan which I can tether to my laptop. This will work out cheaper than my current 3 payg plan... The phone would actually pay for itself. Also means when on rallies I don't need to use quite so much battery power on the laptop meaning generator use would be ruled out totally.:thumb:

Still concerned about the lack of a real keyboard though as I am absolutely useless typing on a touch screen and very quickly become frustrated. Hopefully the stylus will minimise this frustration?

Can anyone tell me if you can use the stylus to type SMS messages on the on screen keyboard?

Thanks JJ..

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
As an iPhone user::bigsmile:

I can now honestly say that the latest gadget/phone is the Samsung.

You guys can no longer call the iPhone users sheep etc::bigsmile: following the latest fashion etc

That title now belongs to the Samsung user.

I will continue to use my iPhone as I love it.:Smile:

:Doh::Doh::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::hardhat:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
As an iPhone user::bigsmile:

I can now honestly say that the latest gadget/phone is the Samsung.

You guys can no longer call the iPhone users sheep etc::bigsmile: following the latest fashion etc

That title now belongs to the Samsung user.

I will continue to use my iPhone as I love it.:Smile:

:Doh::Doh::moon2::moon2::moon2::moon2::hardhat:

I bought an iPhone almost when they first came out with the idea that I could stop carrying around a blackberry, a nokia and an iPod.
It lasted 2 weeks before it went in the drawer. iPhones suck for me.... Nokia is no longer an option since they dumped Maemo and symbian and went microsoft only. Blackberry don't look to be launching a large screen with physical keyboard phone any time soon to replace the torch....

Not sure which way to go. I am fed up of carrying around, ebook, blackberry, tablet, netbook, ipod nano, ipod touch and laptop in varying combinations.

The note 2 appears to be the only large screen phone that "may" have an input method that I can live with:shout:

Nice try on the :reel::reel::reel: Though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
One thing I am finding very useful is being able to use hand writing to enter text .

You simply write with the "magic" pen and it goes in as typing. You can hand write instead of typing sms messages.

Handwriting returns.

Can you do that on a iPhone?

Yah Boo Shucks... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Does it recognise joined up writing JJ?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Are solicitors still paid by the word Chris? Going by some old wills I've obtained for family history purposes you'll have to check first if the Note has enough TB of storage :roflmto:

I wish they were.::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
One thing I am finding very useful is being able to use hand writing to enter text .

I can do that on my ancient HTC Windows Mobile phone ( now confined to being a GPS ). It's nothing new, but very much more accurate now.

What changed the whole smartphone scene is improved parts: better battery, faster processor and most important the capacitive multi-touch screen. It was all there but on the slow side and so not popular. Apple's genius, just as it stole the mouse of Xerox, was to improve and market superbly.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Another + for the note 2. TomTom now works on the larger screened Android devices and the Note 2 is on the approved list :thumb:

So, I can get rid of my TomTom, my 2 iPods, my blackberry and my blackberry playbook.

It is looking better and better. I need to get my hands on one now to see if I can get on with touch screen though....:Doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the recommendation. I am comfortable with TomTom and each time I have moved to another piece of software (or hardware) I have been sorely disappointed :Doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It probably doesn't matter anyway. I have just spoken to Orange who are insisting I signed up for a 2 year contract not an 18 month contract like I remembered.... :Doh::Angry::Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It probably doesn't matter anyway. I have just spoken to Orange who are insisting I signed up for a 2 year contract not an 18 month contract like I remembered.... :Doh::Angry::Angry:

Never mind, they'll have the S6 out by then, then one that reads your mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back