Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi all
Been looking at buying a 19in telly for the bedroom and in pertickuler the one,s in tesco's, this one Link Removed in fact.

One thing that intrigues me is the usb thingy?

So two questions, are they any good? and whats the usb for?:Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had a 26" Technika TV from Tesco for a couple of years and it's been fine. Bought my Mum a similar one about 15 months ago and that's been fine as well.

One of the features of the set you mention is "USB record" so I assume the port is to enable plugging in a memory stick to enable that.

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
We bought the 42 inch on saturday, more than happy, impressed is another word, with all the functions.
the USB allows you to plug in a memory stick and view photos etc.

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
We've had a 26" Technika TV from Tesco for a couple of years and it's been fine. Bought my Mum a similar one about 15 months ago and that's been fine as well.

One of the features of the set you mention is "USB record" so I assume the port is to enable plugging in a memory stick to enable that.

To enable that? To do what?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I woluld also imagine you can plug in a hard drive and record to and play back from that.
Go back to tesco find the set ask for the remote and go through the on screen menu, I did with the one i bought, good TVs:thumb:
G

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi got the 22 ins model -- no probs very good value :thumb:
terry
edit The model shown does not have USB record feature !!!!

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Geo

Thanks for that.
They don't have any plugged in and working at our tesco, anyway I will have a look at Dads (see above):thumb:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
As an electronically-challenged non-nerd, may I say the USA ports are pretty grim so I can only assume USB ports must be an improvement.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
We brought the 20 inch version, the red one on sale for 220 pounds. a great set can,t fault it , it is supplied with a usb attachment, very easy to use, record up to to 2 hours, but only records on the channel you are watching, i.e not duel tuner,but i believe you can record in advance, have not used tis facility, hope this helps........Del

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
We brought the 20 inch version, the red one on sale for 220 pounds. a great set can,t fault it , it is supplied with a usb attachment, very easy to use, record up to to 2 hours, but only records on the channel you are watching, i.e not duel tuner,but i believe you can record in advance, have not used tis facility, hope this helps........Del

Hi Del
Thanks for that, that sounds very handy, as its a second telly anyhow, so I can set it to record while we watch other stuff on the main telly.:thumb:

Tim

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Have a 22" in my cabin onboard ship, plug my portable HDD drive into the usb to watch movies, photo's, play music or audio books. Good piece of kit!

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
tesco tele

We bought our daughters one each for Christmas, the model with an Ipod docking connection on the front and they are both well pleased with them.

The USB connection can be found on most teles now, you can connect an external hard drive to them which will allow you look at photos but to watch a film from it you will need a little gadet called a "Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player" priced around £19.00 Link Removed

Excellent for the motorhome. :thumb:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Hi, Wiz in Wales and Welsh winger, well done, chaps, for having the courage to buy a TV just in time to watch the rugger...

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Just a quick update, I have bought this one Link Removed and am realy happy with it, good viewing angles, and a nice clean, sharp picture. Thanks to you all for your replys and advice:thumb:

Tim

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Did you get your Tesco points hehehe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
No wonder all the local TV dealers where you geot personal service have dissapeared when everybody goes to no service, collect it yourself, hump it home and no installation and demo have now gone out of business.

Same as all the local shops, butchers, bakers, greengrocers, florists, fishmongers and candle stick makers have all gone.

Shame on you, support your local business's, last laptop I bought from the local PC shop, sod Comet, PC World and Currys with useless staff and no service.

Peter

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No wonder all the local TV dealers where you geot personal service have dissapeared when everybody goes to no service, collect it yourself, hump it home and no installation and demo have now gone out of business.
Same as all the local shops, butchers, bakers, greengrocers, florists, fishmongers and candle stick makers have all gone.
Shame on you, support your local business's, last laptop I bought from the local PC shop, sod Comet, PC World and Currys with useless staff and no service.
Peter
Couldn't agree more Peter, I think the small local Tescos are the final nail in the coffin of all local shops. Tesco and Take-a-way are about all we are left with.:thumbdown:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Its bookshops next.

Now, wheres my kindle?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Peter

Did you supply the local shop with laptops and TVs Peter :winky:
terry

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Did you supply the local shop with laptops and TVs Peter :winky:
terry

Dont sell laptops although I do have a wholesale business supplying TV's and audio equipment all over the UK :Smile:

I just feel it is unfair that so many locol business's throughout the country are being forced out of business by the big boys who also screw their suppliers into the ground with their business practices.

Eventually there will be none left and you will be at their mercy with all their con tricks.

Peter

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
thinking it through

You do have a point Peter, though I would add that I went down to my local tool suppliers on Monday, I wanted a router cutting tool, I had the Trend catalogue number so knew exactly what I wanted.
They didn`t have it in but could order it for me, he said it could take up to 7 working days to get here, when he quoted the price I laughed, he went on to say the internet was killing their business.

I`m not surprised I ordered it off the internet Monday afternoon, it arrived this morning, my local dealer wanted £97 I paid £59 delivered.

Now I really wonder why the local guys are going out of business. :Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
(snip)
Now I really wonder why the local guys are going out of business. :Doh:

I'm sure that one reason is the same one as why town centres/high streets have so many empty properties. The landlords still expect to charge the same rents as they did when the areas were booming. Result, businesses cannot afford the prices.

We've seen the same with venues at which family history fairs used to be held - "used" being the operative word because they have priced themselves out of the market.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We are looking to buy a new TV.. did some research on-line to get some idea of models and prices, then visited the local TV shop in Woodbridge High St to see if he could come anywhere close to the 'big boy's' prices as I would rather pay a few extra bob for a personal service and if I had an issue know where to go..

I'm sorry Peter, but it wasn't a few bob, in some cases it was a lot more, as much as £100, I want to support the local man but can't pay his mortgage and feed his family.

Much as I hate to see local stores closing, sadly it is inevitable .. soon the only shops in the high streets will be charity shops and building societies.. bottom line, we all vote with our wallets ..

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Dont sell laptops although I do have a wholesale business supplying TV's and audio equipment all over the UK :Smile:

I just feel it is unfair that so many locol business's throughout the country are being forced out of business by the big boys who also screw their suppliers into the ground with their business practices.

Eventually there will be none left and you will be at their mercy with all their con tricks.

Peter

Always check the locals - you never know! WheI picked up my keyboard (ms 4000) the prices went like this

STAPLES DIRECT £59.99
ONLINE £35.99 (£25 PLUS POSTAGE)

LOCAL PC SHOP £18.99:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I knew you had the Tv Audio wholesale bit Peter :winky:I dare bet that even with your buying power you struggle to match the big boys price on a lot of items.
It is a sad fact of life that they are squeezing the life out of the high street.Then again do I want to trawl around 1/2 hour looking for a parking spot that costs a couple of quid for an hours parking,rush into a shop and pay more for something that I could buy for less money and no hassle parking in an out of town retail park ?The sooner town centres offer free parking and reduce rents for shops the better :thumb: Only then you may see an end to empty shops and get prices that may help shop owner compete
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back