TESCO tunnel vouchers..... advice please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Chockswahay, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

We are thinking of using some of our Tesco points for the Eurotunnel

Our dilemma is that we are unsure of our exact return date.

My questions:

Can I change the date of return (assuming I give Eurotunnel sufficient notice)?

Will it cost any more money over and above any price difference on the day?

We intend to go out mid April and return 'sometime' around the beginning of June. Would it be OK to book (say) 1st June for the return then change it closer to the date if we wish to come back earlier or later?

I have searched the forum but most references are a little old now.

Many thanks (y)

2. PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire Funster

Where you going this time

3. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

call them and check. as we share frequent traveller its entirely flexible, always book a return but have changed return sometimes 4 times at no extra cost. dont know about tesco though...

4. iandsm

iandsm Funster

You are much better off phoning Eurotunnel for the definitive answer but our experience was provided you phone before your booked return date you can change the day of return. They will charge the difference between what your booked date cost was and the actual cost of the day you with to return. It probably won't be less but could be as much as 130 euros more if like us you want to come back on a BH weekend. On the other hand we have been charged only 10 euros for a different date on one occasion and nothing on another. We were using Tesco vouchers.

5. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Haha.... do I have a reputation? :rolleyes:

The plan is Monaco, through Italy towards the Dolomites, Austria (a little), Bavaria and then back to Scotland :D

6. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

@Judgemental and @iandsm thanks chaps, thought that might be the case. As it happens we are now thinking one way there then maybe ferry from Amsterdam to Newcastle on the way back :)

Oh the joys of indecision :rolleyes:

7. scousebird

scousebird Funster

I've just booked a crossing with my Tesco points and yes, they are amendable subject to price changes for different dates & times

8. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

sounds like a plan..Amsterdam fantastic cant wait to go back...

9. PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire Funster

Have a great time, are you going to bother with another blog. We are off on our adventure starting May and using your route through Sweden and Norway as listed in your last volume. Have a safe trip

• Like Like x 1
  10. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

We booked with them last month and had to change departure date by 1 week,one phone call and every thing sorted.Regards your return you must inform them if you are not leaving on date booked or you will lose it,if you want to change your return date to later no prob just pay the difference if dearer.We used amsterdam 2013 will never travel on that route again it was so bad they had security staff waking about disco/boat.

11. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

@PJGWiltshire Ah I remember now..... I am already envious of you ! ..... enjoy (y) (and yes we will 'blog':cool:)

12. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Yeah, that bit does worry me........

Still thinking the tunnel will be the most cost effective, especially as I can change the dates coming back

Thanks everyone for your replies (y)

13. lorger

lorger Funster

If you do decide on the amsterdam crossing have a look at the upgraded accommodation we used it the last time and well worth it at the right price. You get a proper double bed and sofa with mini bar and breakfast included so if you normally buy breakfast onboard may be worth an upgrade.

14. Jeannette van den Oever

Jeannette van den Oever Read Only Funster

'The ferry' has never been an argument I've ever won :cry:. Even less chance now that fuel is cheaper and the MH more expensive to cross. Damn chunnel and their reasonably-priced tickets! It's just 'not logical', says HWMBO.
    I'm so desperate to go on a boat, we've had to buy one. ;)
    Happy travels, Chockswahay. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

An update !

I have spoken to Eurotunnel and they have confirmed that the ticket dates can be changed prior to travel, however the change must be made by phone. If there is any extra cost then it must be paid for by credit/debit card.

Also she said that if for any reason one 'misses' the departure time then travel can still be made within 24 hours (only subject to extra cost if more expensive time).

Result (y)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Really? A sailing yacht I hope (ex yottie here;))

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jeannette van den Oever

Jeannette van den Oever Read Only Funster

Haha, no! Just a little Honwave SIB with a 20hp engine (which I might help to carry, if I've had my weetabix). Sadly we're only classed as 'haves', not 'have yachts' :ROFLMAO: Maybe in our next life!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Thanks for that info, we wondered about it too. Not had enough vouchers to cover a return up to now but useful to know if we ever do :)

Lin

19. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Booked ! it was easy. just got the codes via Tesco website, rang Eurotunnel, paid the difference of £1 haha................

Italy here we come (y)

(side note, they said ticket can be amended unto 24 hours after original travel time..... you don't have to travel within 24 hours

20. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

Just joined Tesco club card so bear with me as it's still relatively new to us!
    If I'm planning on using le tunnel next year, am I as well saving my vouchers until nearer the time and then exchanging them for clubcard tokens or exchanging them as & when I keep hitting the £10 worth figure? - is there any benefit for either or is it personal choice? (I.E, do they have special offers at certain times where you get more for your voucher value?)

Also, can you use lots of token codes on one booking/reservation?