TESCO HUDL

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Middy42, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

Morning all anyone got one of these and if so are they any good compared to an I PAD.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE. Barrie

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

You could buy four Hudl's for the price of an iPad. So two questions... is the iPad 4 times as good as a Hudl? and Would an iPad last 4 times as long as Hudl? In my experience (not opinion) both questions get a big YES. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

Hi, we bought a Tesco Hudl a few months ago and are very happy with it. It seems to do everything that we want it to. The apps, which we buy (or get free) from GooglePlay, are the reason that we bought it.

4. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

I cannot compare to a iPad but I had a nexus 7 that died on me. The new nexus is due out soon so I didn't want to buy the same as what I had bought I would buy a cheepy and wait. The breakdown of my nexus coincided with release of Hudle 2 so armed with my tesco vouchers I bought one. I am so happy and impressed with it I won't be buying the new nexus if I ever change it will be for a 10inch tablet. I much prefers Android don't like apple prices so I am slightly biased if you have android phone go android if your a slave to Apple and have IPhone go for ipad

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I Know sod all about them but if they use the Tescos mobile network be VERY careful..
    Cost me £128 for a months non service ( longish story but basically was flat out lied to by Tesco people )
    Anddd... Unless something is done there could be more issues with service supplier though cannot go in to details

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We've had two hudl's die. both around the year mark. We still use an ancient iPad 1 that I ran over with the motorhome. Its dented bit still works well.

7. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

Thanks to all for your replies, I have an I PAD 2 , and looks like I will go to upgrade to the I PAD AIR. Barrie

8. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

my daughter still uses my ipad 1 every day with no problems.

It must be 5 years old now(y)

9. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Ipad every time as I am a bit of a muppet re technology and apple products are so easy. Having said that my nephews have the original hudl bought when there was one of the double up offers and they are ok so far.

10. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

It's like comparing a home made butchers Aberdeen Angus steak pie with a Fray Bentos pie

you want steak.. buy the butchers.. they other will just disappoint..

quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi
    Numpty me,is about to "Tech up". Am i right in thinking the Hudl needs to be near a WiFi zone/hot spot,password needed,whereas the IPad conjures up the signal wherever it can see a sat. ?
    If so,it has to be the IPad....yes ?
    Thank you.
    Tea Bag

12. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

I think having an Apple product is great if everyone you know has an Apple product.
    We have Android devices.
    I have long given up trying to share anything with apple users from my Android devices, it doesn't work. That despite the fact Android files are universal Jpeg, and Mp4 files. I have no problems with sharing files on my PC.
    Add the universal HDMI port, universal USB port and expandable memory, a Hudl, or any other device is far from a one trick pony!
    I liken owning an Apple like only ever shopping at Argos with Argos vouchers and not being able to use them elsewhere!
    As for the Hudl, ours both still work after over a year, never have had a problem. They came free on clubcard boost too!

So there!:LOL:

13. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

A relation had an original Hudle it had an issue Tescos replaced it with a new Hudle2 no quibles. I think that's good service I must admit my sister and nephews swear by there Apple devices but I think they have money to burn lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daz n Tina

Daz n Tina Funster

Fray bentos for me,
    Fray bentos for me I like the shape of the tin

15. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Oh Darling, don't you mean more like only ever shopping at Fortnum and Masons :p

• Like Like x 2
  16. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

You have some strange hobbies, Jim.:Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Well as it happens the 'old model' iPad mini is now only £199 and deffo better than the new Hudl at £129.................. £70 well spent I reckon. Compared to the Hudl there is NO need to have the bigger newer iPad

18. Aikidomo

Aikidomo Read Only Funster

I was very quick to buy an ipad when they first came out. Disappointed a year later when their new operating system came out and I could not upgrade to operating system 6 and after a few inquiries was stuck on 5.5. Now nearly all apps are using 6 so its obsolete .Thanks mac. Got a Hudle and its very good for what I want it for, also a Chromebook which is excellent!

• Like Like x 1
  19. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

No. Any pad either needs to see WiFi or needs to accept a SIM card so it can use mobile data.

• Like Like x 2