lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi folks just looking for a wee bit of help, my dad has just bought my mum a Hudl mainly so she can read her books and have access to Internet and Skype while on holiday. We are fine with all this, what I want to know is can she watch movies on it when not near wifi. i mean can she download them at home then watch it takes a SD card so could store them on there and if so how

Thanks in advance.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The tablet should have a app installed called Play Movies. If it hasn't you should be able to download it from the Play store. This app will allow you to download films and play them later. It is possible it may need to connect to the internet briefly to check the digital rights. This can be done using a smart phone and tethering. It sounds complicated but isn't once you have done it a couple of times. You will need a Google account and have entered credit card details to purchase the films.

Trying to copy a DVD to the device won't work due to copy protection.

The possible snag, being a Tesco tablet is it might be tied to Blinkbox which is owned by Tesco but you can't download films onto a tablet with Blinkbox. I don't know why this is so as you can on a PC.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Not sure it helps but I have downloaded programmes from BBC I player and watched them off line so would assume if you down load film to computer then put on SD card you should be able to watch, will need to try it sometime soon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back