Tesco Ferry/tunnel vouchers

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Manic, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Manic

Manic Funster

I've been looking at my options for going to France at the end of December and using my Tesco vouchers. I've found you can't use them with DFDS ferry, so the tunnel, checked this out and site says you can't book online and have to book on the phone and also the price may not be the same price as the online price. So do I have to ring to check what the price would be before changing Tesco vouchers. What do you folk do?

2. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

The price will be the same as the online ones but bare in mind that the prices for a particular train will change the nearer you get to the date so don't look up a fare, order your Tesco vouchers and then wait a fortnight before you ring Eurotunnel. Do it all on the same day and you will be fine.

You almost certainly won't be able to order the exact amount of vouchers you need as they go in £5 increments so order just under the amount of the ticket. One you have that voucher code you ring Eurotunnel to book, give them the voucher code and pay any balance in the normal way. Remember that you can't use Tesco vouchers to pay for pets - they have to be paid for with a card.

If you feel the need you can have the webpage open in front of you as you talk to them so you can confirm the prices.

I booked our trip for next week like that and if anything it was slightly quicker than doing it online.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bill_OR

Bill_OR Funster

I have always found that the price shown on the website is the one I am given when I telephone. The other day I selected the dates/times I wanted to travel, checked the prices, ordered the appropriate value Tesco voucher, received the voucher by email, telephoned Eurotunnel and made the booking - all in less than 20 minutes!
    Great Service!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Manic

Manic Funster

Thanks for that, as I've only got £10 of vouchers I won't be changing to many:whistle:

5. Phill D

Phill D

thats still £30 off your crossing fare :clap2:

• Like Like x 4
  6. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

I phoned and booked the tunnel with clubcard points this morning. Prices the same as website.
    Short stay return, week before Christmas, £145. Cost £45 in vouchers (=£135) and a tenner cash...
    Can't be bad (y)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Poohbear

Poohbear Funster

You'd have been better off with £50 in vouchers (=£150) because although you would have paid £5 over, it's actually only £5 /3 = £1.67 over and clubcard points are free anyway.

8. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Exactly the same service that I had recently - they are very efficient.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

I've always been given the same price on the phone, as is shown in their website.
    Service (on the phone) has always been excellent :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Manic

Manic Funster

Cheers everybody, Tescos voucher sorted, tunnel booked, roll on 30th December (y)