Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
sorry fella

opp5:sorry2: :imoutahere: :youbetcha: :fatbuddha: :fatbuddha: :fatbuddha:

::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:I was joking about not getting motivated :Smile: but have enjoyed some of the YT links:thumb:
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
FRIDAY UPDATE-made the final base/sink unit and worktop :thumb: had to do the front twice :Eeek: got it all cut etc then turned it over only to find a couple of big scratch marks on the face of it :Eeek::cry:(note to self check both sides before marking and cutting)Just need to make the door fronts for it and the knock in edging :Smile:Nothing fixed just yet as Paul and I will need to get to do the plumbing and Paul the wiring ::bigsmile:so they can all dismantle for easy access -- once fitted we can get access but it's still easier without a unit to get inside of ::bigsmile:
terry

Attachments

• P1030045.jpg
    P1030045.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 125
  • P1030046.jpg
    P1030046.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 124
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
who / how? did you do edging on worktop looks a pucker job....:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
who / how? did you do edging on worktop looks a pucker job....:thumb:

Who? ME :thumb: how? cut and glued/stuck then trimmed but I had to heat the edging strip to help it bend around the corners :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the only thing i dislike about our Adria is that the work top and table top are "very Shinny" so mark easy and can look " unclean " if not "polished to perfection " when wiped down.

so considering changing them in the future. i am handy with the tools and fitted worktops before but only ever done edgings on straight ends.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
the only thing i dislike about our Adria is that the work top and table top are "very Shinny" so mark easy and can look " unclean " if not "polished to perfection " when wiped down.

so considering changing them in the future. i am handy with the tools and fitted worktops before but only ever done edgings on straight ends.

If you are ever up this way I can give you a hand :thumb: but if you have done sq ends then the rounded ones are just the same but try doing nice sweeping curves rather than tight cnrs ::bigsmile:
terry

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i'll keep you in mind, i'm not in any hurry. but as i cant see us affording to change our motorhome in the foreseeable future ( subject to winning the lottery jackpot ) it will get done at some stage.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Phil forgot to say this stuff is not like the old Formica, it's not shinny,rough to touch,(rather than smooth)quite easy to cut (a few scours with a Stanley knife) does not show marks,and best of all it was less than ÂŁ50 for a 8 ft x 4 ft sheet ::bigsmile:
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nice job Terry. Just one suggestion, I'd put the hob on the left of the worktop and the sink on the right as the hob won't be so susceptible to being affected by the wind if the door is open, I appreciate this may not be possible if you've designed it for the other way now. That is, of course, if you haven't already installed a new 'stealth' hob and sink for a cleaner looking kitchen area ... but we just can't see them!!! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mel nope not cut in yet BUT I have already got the sink/cooker as one unit and the sinks on the left :Doh: You are right but they only had left hand sinks, plus I got 40 quid off ::bigsmile: Also the cooker bit is almost 6 ins deep with the igniter -hangs straight down instead of along :Smile: hence the deep holes for door/drawer :Smile:I have had to get a narrow combi unit so that I can get a extra 4 ins on the bed width -- bit of a trade off but extra bed width will be better (I think):winky: Transit's,:Doh: don't I just love them ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Saturday's update Paul came and spent 6 hrs getting all the wires where they want to be :thumb:The Sargent control panel is all wired up and all working 12 v side of things ready for the 240 bits to be connected to the relevant bits IE fridge,combi boiler,hob etc. :thumb:-it's all done on the control panel side just the other ends -says it won't take long :Smile: He even trusted me connecting the mains into the van :thumb:::bigsmile:
Sorry no pics simply because you would only see wiring runs and the complete mess all over the van with wires waiting to be connected :Smile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sunday update -did just under 4 hrs and altered the base unit -still don't know why,but we agreed needed altering after re cutting it and altering then screwing it all in place I forgot to try the worktop on which is now too small :Doh:::bigsmile: so now I have to make new work top before the sink/cooker can be fitted ::bigsmile: This will be done again tomorrow :Smile:-would have done it today but it's blowing a hoolie out in the yard.as soon as I put anything down on the bench it blows off so will tackle stuff later when the wind dies down - don't fancy trying to cut and glue w/top in the wind--got gas pipes all in place along with wires for fridge and boiler/heater all fixed in position,even got 5 spot lights wired in - -needs all water sorting later in the week so will order some bits we are short and some piping :thumb:then make final gas connections just before Paul makes the final wire connections :Smile:Sort of one step forward and one step back :Eeek::Smile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Spent the afternoon re making the worktops and did a quick clean out of the van ::bigsmile:Charged both LB AND VAN BATTERY as both were showing low on the Sargent unit :thumb: but used one of my independent chargers because all the 240v side of things have not had there final connection -- Went out and bought a load of both 15mm and 10 mm connecters ready for the water side of things only for me to realize that most fittings are 12mm after I got home :Doh:- have got plenty of spares now for home jobs (about ÂŁ60 worth to be precise)::bigsmile: Will have to track down some 12mm stuff now :Smile:-going back to Magnums and Oleary's on Wednesday- could manage at either one but Magnums have light oak 12 mm t knock in edging and O'learys owe me ÂŁ160 for stuff that I paid for and did not load onto truck -I thought they had put it on and they thought I had put it on ::bigsmile:
terry

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Phil forgot to say this stuff is not like the old Formica, it's not shinny,rough to touch,(rather than smooth)quite easy to cut (a few scours with a Stanley knife) does not show marks,and best of all it was less than ÂŁ50 for a 8 ft x 4 ft sheet ::bigsmile:
terry

hi Terry have you a link or a web site for the worktop material please

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HI Phil try this ebay one Broken Link Removed
I got mine from where I GOT THE FURNITURE BOARDS BUT IT WAS HIS LAST SHEET - I BELIEVE HE GOT THEM FROM THE LINK -OOOp s caps ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
THURSDAY UPDATE -I got in the van today :thumb:-It was looking like rain so I decided to fit the loo-ended up cutting out the hole for it and trimming it so it fits but did not fasten it in yet :Smile: next job seeing as I was in there I cut and fitted the plastic shelves type bits and while in there did all the edge sealing so now all that's needed is to screw the loo in position once someone turns up to hold in place while I SCREW IT DOWN :thumb:::bigsmile:
After that it had brightened back up so I decided to start making the bed :thumb:This went better than I expected :thumb: before the wind started to blow again - thenI got a call to go pick up a large heki roof at half price :thumb::thumb: WHILE THERE I GOT A COUPLE OF WATER TANKS 6 PAIR OF LARGE EXTRA HEAVY TRIPLE DRAWER/bED RUNNERS AND TWO BOXES(50) OF HANDLES (bloody caps:Doh:)to add to the 40 I bought a few weeks back ::bigsmile:will finish the bed today then Julie can order the foam ready for the cushions :thumb:

Attachments

• P1030048.jpg
    P1030048.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 121
  • P1030049.jpg
    P1030049.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 112
  • P1030051.jpg
    P1030051.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P1030052.jpg
    P1030052.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Looking good I trust the next van is in the drive as well.

Not yet Roger :Smile: i want to sell this first then search around -who knows I MAY HAVE A TRIP DOWN YOUR WAY IN-BETWEEN VANS --the only thing i know is it will not be a transit ::bigsmile:--been offered a 61 plate master 40 odd k miles but I fear it it will come in at above 20k which may well prove too rich for some :winky:::bigsmile:-meanwhile I AM LOOKING AT FIAT STABLE VANS :thumb:::bigsmile:so doing my homework on prices and whats out there :winky:Meanwhile I have done all the knock in edging and completed the bed so now I may start and hang a few doors or mow the grass and vac the house to get rid of all the sawdust that blew everywhere yesterday- I vac-ed last night but it was back when I got up this morning ::bigsmile:Sat on computer is not helping the decision :Smile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
THE LAWN AND HOUSEWORK WON THE DAY --I tried to get back into the van but people just kept arriving and when I HUNG A SMALL CUPBOARD DOOR I FOUND MY BATTERY DRILL TOO BIG TO GET INTO THE OPENING TO SCREW THE CATCH ON SO HAD TO DO IT WITH A HAND SCREWDRIVER :Eeek::Eeek:---NO GOOD I MUST INVEST IN A NEW KEYBOARD(bloody caps sticking) And borrow my mates small battery drill ::bigsmile:
terry

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
would this be any use for you
Broken Link Removed
Bill

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
would this be any use for you
Broken Link Removed
Bill
::bigsmile: thanks but no thanks -there is a couple hiding in the garage that were next to useless 20 yrs ago -you need 2 pairs of hands one to hold what you are screwing in place another to hold the flex head onto the screw and another to operate the battery drill ::bigsmile: then another to try and stop the flex trying to un-whirl it's self when the screw starts to tighten ::bigsmile:
I WILL BORROW MY MATES SMALL DRIVER AND KEEP IT :thumb:I know he has a few :winky:::bigsmile:he borrows my stuff all the time -in fact he brought one of my electric planes back 2 weeks ago that he has had for above 5 yrs :Eeek: I know this because I could not find it and I blamed my son (who's been dead for 5 yrs come May)for not returning it so he when and bought me a replacement because he could not find it :Smile:
terry

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just managed to catch up with your posts Terry in Yorkshire on the moors at the moment so very little 3G the van looks great From what I can say on this iPhone

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just managed to catch up with your posts Terry in Yorkshire on the moors at the moment so very little 3G the van looks great From what I can say on this iPhone

Clever them I phone arnt they:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously a credit to you Terry
will have to pick your brains for furniture board and trim suppliers:thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We had a good day yesterday(sunday) where I fitted the waste tank under the van (no mean feat for a fatty like me ::bigsmile:) while Paul got all the electrics done leaving just 2 loo lights and the leccy flush to wire up -everything tried and tested -all working - all gas done just leaving onboard fresh water tank to fit under the bed.I also remade the sink.cooker front yet again ::bigsmile: so we can now put a false floor in to cover pump/etc and use the cupboard under neath for storage :thumb: started to hang cupboard doors and catches/stays taking me aprox 20 mins each -I can fit/hang house doors faster ::bigsmile: and I am still using a hand screwdriver :Doh::Smile:
Loo all screwed in place and hand wash basin all plumbed in leaving the waste from shower floor and basin to connect -- This afternoon I am going to hang the remaining doors and maybe make the last couple that are yet to do -if I get motivated- Next week sometime Pauls going to wire a leecy point for a tv and a decision will be made on if we put said tv in van or not ? thinking along the lines of putting one in as a selling point but that means sticking a extra hundred quid on for a Ariel :Doh:::bigsmile: Oh forgot we have (Paul) has to wire in a relay for the fridge ::bigsmile: It works etc just needs the relay -he just stuck the wires together to make sure he had it all wired correctly since the only wiring diagram we have had is for the loo :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
The Sargent distribution more or less explains itself :thumb:combi boiler all guess work and the fridge again from the Sargent unit guesswork but it works so all OK
Hopefully it will be complete by next Monday :thumb: but will have to wait and see ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Clever them I phone arnt they:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously a credit to you Terry
will have to pick your brains for furniture board and trim suppliers:thumb:

i have shed loads in my house Geo all light oak -a lot closer than going up Newcastle :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Terry...

You are a disgrace.

You have no consideration for the feelings and self esteem of others.

I started my self-build in 2002. I have nearly finished the floor. The wardrobe door was started several years ago and will be completed in due course...

Then up you pop and build four hundred self builds in the same time it takes me to fit a shower curtain.

Please stop making me feel so bad about myself.

I have not reported your thread yet...

... but if you keep posting pictures of the high quality of your workmanship I will have no choice in the matter.

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sorry JJ ::bigsmile: but today progress since I last posted around 3 1/2 hours ago -I have made a 3ft x 4ft 90degree pattern for my mate to use on his garage brickwork (starts in the morning) and fitted 4 doors with catches :Tongue1: All the doors except the two not made yet are now on ,swinging and closing including my bi-fold loo door :thumb:
Now I need help on making a decision on handles :Wink do I use the nice simple sq ones or the curvy ones in the last two pics ? oh nearly forgot I swept the floor as well :winky:
terry

Attachments

• P1030053.jpg
    P1030053.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 102
  • P1030054.jpg
    P1030054.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 98
  • P1030055.jpg
    P1030055.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 99
  • P1030056.jpg
    P1030056.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
more pics

Attachments

• P1030057.jpg
    P1030057.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 98
  • P1030058.jpg
    P1030058.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 91
  • P1030059.jpg
    P1030059.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 94
  • P1030060.jpg
    P1030060.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Tueday's update --nothing :Smile: it was raining until about 1.30 pm and at 2pm I decided I would go in and put some handles on doors but as soon as I opened the van door I got a phone call -could I just do a favor ?:Doh: so shut the door and duly did the running around - anyway cooking my dinner now so nothing done in the van :Sad:and it's too late to start now :Smile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back