LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Saturday's update --Paul had to go elsewhere so I carried on doing all the door/fame knock in edging/Re-made the wet room door into a by-fold one to save room :winky: --lined gas locker -and made a start on lining the wet room - had to do some shopping- then I was calling it a day when the WR lining got the better of me so carried on with that until I got around half completed :thumb: This gives a very good idea of how it will look :Smile:Did not take any pics as I forgot Grandson was coming to stay for the night and I got a call to ask when I was picking him up ::bigsmile: -pics will be taken today :winky:
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
SUNDAY UPDATE - I finished all the wet room except for 2 small bits :thumb: started at just gone 1pm and finished at 4.30 ish then spent the next hour cleaning up even more of the yard/rear :thumb:Here are the pics showing the doors all ready to hang at a later date and the W/R all nice and sparkly -- going to look at IKEA IN THE MORNING SO NOT SURE IF ANYTHING WILL GET DONE :winky:
terry

Attachments

• P1030033.jpg
    P1030033.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 125
  • P1030034.jpg
    P1030034.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 126
  • P1030035.jpg
    P1030035.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 126
  • P1030036.jpg
    P1030036.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
More pics

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• P1030037.jpg
    P1030037.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 94
  • P1030038.jpg
    P1030038.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 94
  • P1030039.jpg
    P1030039.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 105

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's coming on a treat Terry.. your workmanship is truly 1st class :thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: ASK MY HAND Jim, after the belt sander bit it the other day and my finger when I cut that today with the Stanly type knife ::bigsmile:
terry

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Terry, that truly is a cracking job.

When you have finished it you need to start a training school, I'm sure there would be a few customers from Swift, Bessacar and the new fitters at Autotrail - be good for them to see how its done properly and with quality materials too.
:roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Terry, that knock-in edging stuff, do you have to glue it in or does it get gripped by the slot profile.
I only ask as some edging in my rather old MoHo has shrunk and pulled away on an internal curve and I am wondering if it is just a matter of ripping out the old and bashing in some new stuff?

PS exemplary job your doing. I’m following it with interest and admiration.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
double post

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So you are definitely a proper craftsman Terry. My Dad, who was a cabinet maker by trade, was forever coming home from work with plasters on him somewhere ::bigsmile:

I am amazed i still have all my digits Graham ::bigsmile:I knew I was going to cut my finger but still carried on :Doh::Smile: -i used to do the same at snooker - knew i would sour but still took the shot ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry, that knock-in edging stuff, do you have to glue it in or does it get gripped by the slot profile.
I only ask as some edging in my rather old MoHo has shrunk and pulled away on an internal curve and I am wondering if it is just a matter of ripping out the old and bashing in some new stuff?

PS exemplary job your doing. I’m following it with interest and admiration.

Hi this one is a 2 mm slot and grips on tight - some is 2.5 mm and 3 mm groves -- the idea is not to stretch it as you knock it in :thumb: rather try to force it onto itself if you get my meaning - It also helps if it's warm but then you have to defo squash it onto itself - I usually do about 6 ins the create a small bump and knock it back into itself :thumb:-It should be a case of pulling it out and knocking more in- you can always add a little glue and tape it in position until the glue holds it :thumb::winky:TRY WARMING yours and putting some polymer sealant in the grove then knock it in and gaffer tape it until it gone off
terry

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i must say a super job Terry, really looks the business. doing a great job always gives me a Buzz!:thumb:

you.... must be like a Bee...... :ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I do like what you have done so far Terry :thumb:

the seam in the grey wet room wall is that piping or a mastic seal? it looks very neat::bigsmile:

keep taking the pictures Terry as we are all watching this build with great interest you are flying along at the moment

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I do like what you have done so far Terry :thumb:

the seam in the grey wet room wall is that piping or a mastic seal? it looks very neat::bigsmile:

keep taking the pictures Terry as we are all watching this build with great interest you are flying along at the moment

Hi John, no finished sealant used or trims yet :Smile: The sealant you say is grey is starter and cnr trims (more expense::bigsmile:) and they are (as is the boarding) all white :thumb:but the boards have silver/gold sparkly bits in -- looks very nice - will try to get a pic of a off-cut that shows a true color :Smile: Yes when I get around to doing the finish seals they will be very neat :winky: masked up both sides and smoothed with a wet uncut finger (stings like mad)::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Nothing much to update today -only that I went to look at beds at Ikea --there was a superb bed settee at ÂŁ180 with the smoothest action ever but this would be like a big wide rock and roll bed in a VW ::bigsmile: as it was I bought 2 sets of beech slats @ ÂŁ40 for both which I will use to make part of the bed :winky:- now looking for some HD drawer type runners at around 600 mm long (any links:winky:::bigsmile:)and some kind of small wheels to help slide --- When I got back I did intend to go into the van but I got a message from a nice Geordie man saying he would accept my offer of ÂŁ175 for his radial arm saw :thumb::thumb: so I promptly drove up to Sunderland through some of the worst rain ever and became the new owner of the said saw :thumb:::bigsmile:Bit late for this build but it will come in very handy for the next :Smile: got in at 6 pm so too late to do anything :Smile:
terry

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks John :thumb: Ordered a pair of 90kg ones :winky: I don't know what happened last night all I could find were normal drawer runners which I have a few dozen pairs of in the garage ::bigsmile: They could be lost forever in there :Smile: 2 targets set for today 1= hang wet room door and find and fit the 2 shelf type plastic boards--that will complete the room until loo is fitted and final sealants done :thumb: 2= make room and a bench for my new toy in the garage :thumb: that should find all sorts of stuff stashed away and make a good start at filling the bin with all the stuff I should have thrown yrs ago --or at least move the stuff to a new home elsewhere in the garage ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Today's update --nothing :Eeek:I did not get to even unlock the van :Eeek: every time I was going into it someone wanted something doing :Doh: Kept getting phone calls -you are doing nothing so can you ?All these nothing jobs took a few mins each, but as I did one another would crop up -can you just ? so they went on like that all day with the last being can you run me to docs -As things turned out I would have got all the tools out only to put them back in and lock them up :Doh::Doh::cry: Tomorrow is another day :thumb:I have made myself a meat and tatty pie that will just need warming up :thumb:and come 12 o'clock I am deffo in the van :thumb: -got things to do before 12 :winky:They can all get stuffed I am in the van :Smile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Wednesday update -- had a good day in the van-started at just gone 11 am (a hour earlier than expected) and finished at 7 pm -made a unit to fit the fridge in along with a cupboard underneath and made a work top for the top of fridge :thumb: it was all sat there looking nice when Paul came along at 5 pm and decided we were fitting the vents for the fridge --:thumb:after a few measurement were taken the fridge got placed towards the front of the van out of the way and two holes were cut for the vents - not exactly a easy job because some of the strengthening bars were in the way which had to be cut into/through -top vent fitted bottom one left out and boarded over so that the fridge gas pipe and electrics can be fitted over the weekend :thumb: then the vent can be sealed and screwed into place -- all that remains cupboard wise is a small one to be made by the wardrobe and the one for the cooker/sink top to be made --oh and a loo sink unit to make ::bigsmile:
Tomorrow is a day off from the van and clearing some of the garage out making a bench for the saw which will make life a lot easier for the next van :thumb: plus as a bonus I may (only may at this stage ) get my flip over saw returned -it's hiding in Paul's shed behind/under 42 tv's ::bigsmile: I will stick the fridge in position and take a couple of pics then take it back out tomorrow morning before I start on the garage :Smile:
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Terry - what layout did you finally decide on?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Hi this one is a 2 mm slot and grips on tight - some is 2.5 mm and 3 mm groves -- the idea is not to stretch it as you knock it in :thumb: rather try to force it onto itself if you get my meaning - It also helps if it's warm but then you have to defo squash it onto itself - I usually do about 6 ins the create a small bump and knock it back into itself :thumb:-It should be a case of pulling it out and knocking more in- you can always add a little glue and tape it in position until the glue holds it :thumb::winky:TRY WARMING yours and putting some polymer sealant in the grove then knock it in and gaffer tape it until it gone off
terry

be wary with gaffer tape on coated surfaces it can lift the coatings

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The only one I could fit in the thing ::bigsmile: LOO AND SHOWER ACROSS THE BACK - moving forward from the back rt side has a wardrobe then a small cupboard followed by a 6 ft plus seat come pull across bed then drivers swivel seat - -- on the left side after the loo/shower is the fridge sat on top of wheel arch with a cupboard underneath so no bending down much and a 500 mm ish high ish worktop to stick plates /food dishing out bits on -then boiler housing below cooker/sink top unit which is a little narrower than the fridge bit allowing for the bed to be around 4ft 4 ins ish wide by 6ft long ish -this allows for the sliding door opening around 2ft ish and the sink/cooker occupying part of the sliding door way after which the passenger seat also swivels --or at least that's the theory ::bigsmile:
I was going to make the rear a twin seat around 4ft wide ish but that would mean a maximum length of 5' 9" bed -- the tranny is only that wide maximum :Eeek:not much cop for anyone bigger than a midget :Smile:Lot's of people said I should have gone this way but I cannot allow my self to make a van with only a 5/9 bed fine for the odd night but no good if you want 3 nights and above -
in many ways it would be ideal for my self now as I could use the seat as a single bed without having to pull it out to the sink/cooker but it is a tranny so not for me ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
be wary with gaffer tape on coated surfaces it can lift the coatings

:Eeek: Will have to take my chances while Saturday :Doh::bigsmile:on't want water getting in - then again I will remove it and come up with another idea in the morning :thumb: thanks :thumb: -if it's not too late :Smile:
terry
edit thinking of today's vents bit where we just taped some wood over the vent hole to save taking it off Saturday

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Nothing done on the van today and nothing much done on the clearing one side of the garage out to fit the saw /bench in :Smile: but I did make a stand for the saw to sit on :thumb: I seem to have sat here all day knowing what I need to do but just could not get motivated after listening to all the sad songs / songs that make you cry thread ::bigsmile:
I did however chuck the fridge in place and took a couple of pics and also one where the combi boiler is going to live once I make the cupboard ::bigsmile: plus I also tracked down some more knock in edging
terry
also forgot to say I BOUGHT MYSELF A NEW WATCH ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• P1030041.jpg
    P1030041.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 111
  • P1030040.jpg
    P1030040.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 107
  • P1030042.jpg
    P1030042.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 99
  • P1030044-001.jpg
    P1030044-001.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Its looking neat now Terry:thumb:

Omega have you been ram raiding:ROFLMAO:
Now John you know I am a man of little means and a tight arsed Yorkshire man--cost 25 quid :thumb: plus it works ::bigsmile: don't like to miss a bargain :winky:
terry

Last edited:
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi Terry,
I've just looked through the thread (having been away from Fun for a few weeks) and am really impressed. I will have to firm up my plans with you when we both have a little more time! I'm a fortnight off finishing my York house renovation. :thumb: I will keep tuned into your Vans metamorphosis.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Terry,
I've just looked through the thread (having been away from Fun for a few weeks) and am really impressed. I will have to firm up my plans with you when we both have a little more time! I'm a fortnight off finishing my York house renovation. :thumb: I will keep tuned into your Vans metamorphosis.

No probs it should be almost finished in two weeks :thumb:::bigsmile:-this weekend and next weekend will see all the plumbing/wiring done then it's just a case of hanging the doors and figuring out catches and a few other bits I have not made my mind up on yet - wonder who will finish first ::bigsmile::thumb::winky:
terry

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Nothing done on the van today and nothing much done on the clearing one side of the garage out to fit the saw /bench in :Smile: but I did make a stand for the saw to sit on :thumb: I seem to have sat here all day knowing what I need to do but just [HI]could not get motivated after listening to all the sad songs / songs that make you cry thread ::bigsmile:[/HI]
I did however chuck the fridge in place and took a couple of pics and also one where the combi boiler is going to live once I make the cupboard ::bigsmile: plus I also tracked down some more knock in edging
terry
also forgot to say I BOUGHT MYSELF A NEW WATCH ::bigsmile:

sorry fella

opp5:sorry2: :imoutahere: :youbetcha: :fatbuddha: :fatbuddha: :fatbuddha:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread