LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Update - made good progress wet room wise but mate who was coming to weld floor in place had to take his girl to hospital with a broken arm,so he's doing it tomorrow -- we just took flooring up and started to fix boards/cupboards -so now he will have to cut around them :Smile:I intended to do all the cupboards on top of the floor but plans went adrift after the accident :Smile:
On the plus side I got a pleasant surprise when Billy brought one of my seats over that Julie had finally finished ie been done for over a week but she did not get around to doing the armrests ::bigsmile:-She will do the other one sometime next week :thumb:::bigsmile:
A couple of pics of the seat :thumb:
terry

Attachments

• P1030017.jpg
    P1030017.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 130
  • P1030018.jpg
    P1030018.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 121

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Starting to take shape now terry, seat looks fantastic
pete

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yep well pleased -below before and after -- or I should say after and before
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• P1030018.jpg
    P1030018.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 116
  • P1020867.jpg
    P1020867.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 132
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
You are doing a great job, the celotex is so quick to cut and use. Have you already buried the conduits for 12v and mains? I only mention this knowing how hard it is later on to put in roof lighting.
I cannot but envy you in your build and especially the speed with which it seems to be progressing

Alan

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Thanks for the pictures Terry it does make the post compulsive viewing watching your progress I like the seat it looks a practical colour as well:thumb: you seem to be flying along at the moment ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You are doing a great job, the celotex is so quick to cut and use. Have you already buried the conduits for 12v and mains? I only mention this knowing how hard it is later on to put in roof lighting.
I cannot but envy you in your build and especially the speed with which it seems to be progressing

Alan

Nope Alan we made the decision that all electrics will run along floor and wall units in trunking --that way if anything goes wrong we can get to it easy and so can future owners :winky: We are confident if any wires need to be in the ceiling we can fish for them but as things stand all lighting will be spot lights apart from the loo/wet room which in turn will come from the back of the van :thumb:As problems arise we will find a way past them ::bigsmile: We came up against one today when we realize that the combi boiler/heater will not fit where it was intended ::bigsmile: If all else fails we shall use that in the next build and get separate units that will fit under the bed or in a different cupboard :winky: I actually think separate units are better and a good bit cheaper to replace if one goes wrong ::bigsmile:The only things set in stone are the wet room/loo and fridge position simply because it will not fit anywhere else ::bigsmile: of course we could get a slightly smaller fridge ::bigsmile::Eeek:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks for the pictures Terry it does make the post compulsive viewing watching your progress I like the seat it looks a practical colour as well:thumb: you seem to be flying along at the moment ::bigsmile:

Hi John yes it's going well and with Paul today we got quite a lot done plus it's nice arguing and working together again :thumb: It's nice to give him something or shout sizes to him and know it will come at the size asked for or cut right :thumb: I have been on my own and with Ann's cousin who is more company and can hold the odd thing but you cannot give him anything to cut ::bigsmile: but you can have banter with him :thumb:Will get some pics as things progress tomorrow but works not starting until dinner time -things to do other than the van :winky: plus Paul's got to fix a couple of TVs that he has buyers for :Smile: Hopefully they will be simple fixes then he can get down here in the van :winky:
terry

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Nope Alan we made the decision that all electrics will run along floor and wall units in trunking --that way if anything goes wrong we can get to it easy and so can future owners :winky: We are confident if any wires need to be in the ceiling we can fish for them but as things stand all lighting will be spot lights apart from the loo/wet room which in turn will come from the back of the van :thumb:As problems arise we will find a way past them ::bigsmile: We came up against one today when we realize that the combi boiler/heater will not fit where it was intended ::bigsmile: If all else fails we shall use that in the next build and get separate units that will fit under the bed or in a different cupboard :winky: I actually think separate units are better and a good bit cheaper to replace if one goes wrong ::bigsmile:The only things set in stone are the wet room/loo and fridge position simply because it will not fit anywhere else ::bigsmile: of course we could get a slightly smaller fridge ::bigsmile::Eeek:
terry
i know how you feel at one point in my build i could reel of the dimensions of several different fridges sinks and cookers in my sleep if you change one thing it has a knock on effect on another but i am jealous i would love to do another

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
spent 5 hrs yesterday and 3 today doing the furniture /making jigs / patterns etc -started to fit some bits --CONTRACT FLOOR got fitted this morning :thumb:
terry

Attachments

• P1030019.jpg
    P1030019.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 134
  • P1030020.jpg
    P1030020.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 130
  • P1030021.jpg
    P1030021.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 134
  • P1030022.jpg
    P1030022.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
THIS LAST PIC SHOWS THE BACK READY FOR LINING THE GAS LOCKER -(oops caps) in left cnr

Attachments

• P1030025.jpg
    P1030025.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 124

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
wow Terry I am seriously impressed with the interior so far the overhead cupboards look like they grew there:thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Went to Manchester today so only got a few hours in the van 3.15 to 5.45 but I managed to get the other side cupboards made and in only to fine there were 2 plus signs stamped into the finished board :Doh: TOOK THEM DOWN AND REDUCED THE SIZE BY A COUPLE OF INCHES ON EACH SIDE WHICH GOT RID OF THEM :thumb: Then put a bit of knock in edging strip to overhead cab cupboard and called it a day
terry

Attachments

• P1030026.jpg
    P1030026.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 114
  • P1030027.jpg
    P1030027.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 113
  • P1030028.jpg
    P1030028.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 118
  • P1030029.jpg
    P1030029.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
A few more pics

Attachments

• P1030030.jpg
    P1030030.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 74
  • P1030031.jpg
    P1030031.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 76
  • P1030032.jpg
    P1030032.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 70

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Great work Terry. When does the wood veneer ceiling go in???::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Great work Terry. When does the wood veneer ceiling go in???::bigsmile:

It's in Kerry -just got changed to white vinyl ::bigsmile: along with the cherry finish furniture boards that suddenly became light oak :winky:--Hoping to sell this one not keep it :Smile:
terry

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
It's in Kerry -just got changed to white vinyl ::bigsmile: along with the cherry finish furniture boards that suddenly became light oak :winky:--Hoping to sell this one not keep it :Smile:
terry

From what I've seen so far terry, that vehicle won't be unsold for long!!

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hopefully the weather will be kind tomorrow and I will get a good 6/7 hours in :thumb:Wednesday is a morning visit to Magnums for the loo and things and I have to be elsewhere in the afternoon so nothing will get done that day :Smile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Today's update --everything I touched today went wrong :Eeek:It all went tits up this morning just after I drooped grandsons mother off home (she called for coffee after taking him to school ) got all the tools out of garage and just started to work on the van when I got a call could I pick her up and run her to school she had forgot to give him his lunchbox :Eeek:So being the nice gramps I am had to put everything away (should have left it all away:Doh:)
After that I started again :thumb:Cut the large door for bathroom sanded it then got router to groove it and on the last 2 ins it suddenly decided to let go of the depth gauge and jumped up cutting a rather nice inch and a half hole in the door :Doh::cry:Decided to put cutter in a different router and that broke :Doh:Got a 3rd one out and successfully managed to make and groove 3 doors before router number 4 decided I was playing too ruffty with it and that broke :Eeek: plus me throwing it against the wall did not help :winky:WENT INTO GARAGE AND FOUND ANOTHER ROUTER WITH HALF THE BITS MISSING SO SPENT THE NEXT HOUR OR SO TRYING TO MAKE ONE GOOD ONE OUT OF 3 KN---ED ONES (bloody caps-now comps not playing )Ended up with 2 good ones and 3 not so good ::bigsmile:
By now I had had enough of routers so went back to the old fashioned way of cutting the doors out by hand,sticking the belt sander on them then using one of the good routers carefully grooved the door ready for knock in trim -- this I did and managed to make 7 doors complete so now only have 3 to make on Thursday (should only take 1/2 hour per door)Sorry no pics I dare not touch the camera ::bigsmile:
terry

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Well it made me smile Terry it was going far too well:ROFLMAO:
better luck tomorrow its nice to know its not just me that things like that happen to

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well it made me smile Terry it was going far too well:ROFLMAO:
better luck tomorrow its nice to know its not just me that things like that happen to

MAGNUMS TOMORROW :thumb: for a loo -and a few other bits :winky: then a trip into Donny so that should take care of Wednesday --Thursday back into van :winky:
I'll be sawing things with a handsaw next
terry

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
MAGNUMS TOMORROW :thumb: for a loo -and a few other bits :winky: then a trip into Donny so that should take care of Wednesday --Thursday back into van :winky:
[HI]I'll be sawing things with a handsaw next [/HI]
terry
how very last year :ROFLMAO:

seriously though, i thought it was only me that had whole days that went so wrong that i wish that i had stayed in bed. i'm certain that this van is going to look great when you've finished:thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
when it goes wrong boy does it go wrong when i was building mine i originally put the blind cassetttes on top of the lining then realised that it hit the side of the van when the sliding door was opened so decided to peel of the veltrim from the ply and open the hole up to allow th cassette to fit further in obviously to do this the frame around the window had to be removed and the thickness reduced by about 10mm all done reasembled everything, punched the first screw in to the frame and straight through the door
note to self, when reducing anything reduce the screws as well

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
FRIDAY'S UPDATE- Went to MAGNUMS on Wednesday and bought the loo water pump and a few other bits and bobs £800 discounted to £710 :thumb:
Nothing done in the van Thursday and only 3 hrs today - Got the 3 doors made and some knock in edging done inside the van -still a bit left to do for tomorrow :Smile:My plan is to do the gas locker and make/ fit the bottom kitchen units :Smile: See if Paul agrees or wants to do something completely different ::bigsmile: TAKING SHAPE NICELY :winky: even if I say so myself ::bigsmile: OH NEARLY FORGOT, I ASKED about bed frames/slats /runners at Magnums and he told me to go to Ikea - so that may be a trip early next week ---edit no idea what I'll find
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp