LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well the suns shining and it's turned out a glorious day -Just come back in after helping my mate stick up some security cameras etc and now wishing we had stuck to doing the van :)Well a day lost is not the end of the world and to be honest if I get off this computer I feel like I will fall asleep -roll on tomorrow when Paul says he is coming at 8 am :DWe will see he never turns up before 9 am ;)The way I feel today he may have to knock me up :LOL:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I'm always telling him that .... needs the feminine touch to make it really sell quickly. :)
Joy I am supposed to be keeping this one :LOL:As to coffees I owe a few out so you are welcome along with a few others ;)
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have just had a thought or two and changed the layout a bit. (dangerous thing me thinking)See what Paul thinks tomorrow when I tell him he needs to move and add some more wires:):rolleyes:
terry

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have just had a thought or two and changed the layout a bit. (dangerous thing me thinking)See what Paul thinks tomorrow when I tell him he needs to move and add some more wires:):rolleyes:
terry

You are a brave man.....

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Is Ralph not in the van Bev ?Surely he is working inside it ? I would have been but we are at the stage where I need to be outside cutting and making the furniture
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Is Ralph not in the van Bev ?Surely he is working inside it ? I would have been but we are at the stage where I need to be outside cutting and making the furniture
terry
Annoying when the weather holds you up. Isn't it terry.
Ralph was the same when he wanted to cut out the windows and roof lights.
And yes , he's been in Pug , Friday, Saturday , and today.
Friday he finished off the wet room electrics . Sealed everything up watertight. So we now have a flush loo ! Working shower. Or we will have once he puts the water tank in.
He's busy working on all the electrics. Putting in the new big red battery . That will be in situ for at least 10 years he says. A blue inverter thing and a white fuse box by the looks of it. And connecting everything up.
I've made a Full Sunday lunch , he's just asked for it to be plated up! He may update later if he's not in too late. I've reminded him to take pictures. At least when it comes to electrics , Ralphs only got him self to argue with , he doesn't have a Paul. Plus I've no idea about them !

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I never argue with Paul about the electrics ;)Just tell him what I want and away he go and does it :DHe may say I cannot have this or that but normally I simply pull wires when he says so ;)All he asks is where I want things, and once everything is in place that's it -his stock answer is there no F----- wires there for it so it cannot go there you said you wanted it there :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:DYou should have heard him yesterday with the central locking job :DOnce he started to dismantle it all saying that should do this and if I do that it should work etc -then it came to B------- s we need a new lock and then he really got into dismantling it once he knew I knew where there was one :):D
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
you name it and he tried it eventually destroying the lock :)
.... Terry are you SURE you want him fiddling with your electrics! :eek:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Certainly he knows a lot more than me about electric stuff:D if it was left to me it would not have half of my planed things in it even then it may not work :D me and leccy amount to a 3 pim plug :D:LOL:

My Gran always said a man was only useful for two things..... and she had learned how to both change fuses and unblock a drains herself since she met my Grandad. I always felt a bit sorry for him :)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
TODAY'S UPDATE WE HAD TO CRASH ON AND GET SHOWER MEASUREMENTS OFF THE NET AND HOPE THAT THEY ARE CORRECT SIZES FOR THE SHOWER TRAY ETC sorry caps- -finished boarding ceiling and got the walls done -got a couple of the shower/loo side wall all cut and scribed -the layouts changed a bit again but it could change back :LOL::DVeltrim to the back pillars and above sliding side door -Packed in at 4 pm -got to mow grass and cut some foams for Billy and Julie -having tomorrow off and weds going to Magnums for windows/loo/shower tray and a fridge
terry
P1030458.JPG
P1030459.JPG
P1030460.JPG
P1030461.JPG
P1030462.JPG
P1030460.JPG
P1030461.JPG
P1030462.JPG
P1030458.JPG
P1030458.JPG
P1030459.JPG
P1030460.JPG
P1030461.JPG
P1030462.JPG

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:( Does anybody else but me feel a bit woozy when they see pictures of vans in progress? Reminds me how very delicate everything is... a bit like looking at a picture of a human body without its skin and how it all works... !!!!!

upload_2015-5-4_17-12-31.jpeg

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Terry LOOKING GOOD (y)
full of admiration for a man (men?) Who know what they are doing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Durham yesterday to pick up some plastic sheet to face my doors with :) and going back to Magnums today for some windows and loo with a few other bits and bobs then I think I have everything :rolleyes::D
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Saturday update -I got a couple of hours in yesterday (Friday) and made a start on the rear upper cupboard before the heavy rain soaked me -Today both Paul and I had a good day without much going wrong :DGot pipes for gas and wires for fridge/freezer connected to said F/F but nowhere else-just ready for connections to be made at other ends :)and holes cut for F/F vents -Started on some framework for cupboards and bed bases (y)Allthought the pics show it all untidy it's simply that we throw all tools etc into the van once a decision is made to pack in for the day so they can be locked up then I decide to take pics :LOL::D
terry
P1030476.JPG
P1030469.JPG
P1030470.JPG
P1030471.JPG
P1030472.JPG
P1030473.JPG
P1030474.JPG

Attachments

• P1030475.JPG
    P1030475.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 37

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Terry what's the payload on the relay and how much difference does the 'kitting' out make? Is that a factor when you considered the layout ?

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi James 3.5t gross payload 1.5 t (I think:))Kitting out will take it upto 3 t ish -Not given any thoughts to weight/layout :D-Using all light weight furniture ply -Simply doing a layout that I think will work for me (y)- If it does not then in 6 /12mths time I will simply re do it or sell it and try again :)Who knows if I don't like it I may sell after a few runs out :eek:

I am not 100% sure the layout I have done will work for me as I like the forward living area and this is in the back:) but also on the relay type vans the front seats step down about 5/6 ins which I also am not keen about :DIt's all a bit up in the air at the moment so will just have to see if it works or not :rolleyes:
Not putting a full cooker in this one just the hob so no idea if I will can get along without it -I have room to add one later ,or at least will make room later if I want one :) Also sticking in a microwave in this -never wanted one- in fact the home MW only used for making coffee :rolleyes::DI also have stuck on Solar for the first time on my van (never needed or wanted it before) only because it's sooo cheap now it's probably not worth not putting it on.I have a Vitron pure sin wave inverter/50 amp hr charger that I am putting in it so hoping it will take care of the batteries along with the solar -that's why I thought of Microwave -and a Hydronic diesel heater/boiler that is also going in and I am thinking:cautious: about giving it it's own tank that will run on red -this may prove a bad idea but we shall see :)
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am trying JJ ;) Not been able to get as much time in as I hoped and every day I DO GET INTO THE VAN IT RAINS OR SOMETHING :eek::)-leccy and water don't mix too well-
I am making a little headway into the garage bit by bit so that gives me a little room to do some work in but even that has/means moving boxes around/outside -this is made easier by a friend giving me a load of Tesco TYPE STACKING BOXES :D instead of the stupid plastic boxes that cost a small fortune and break when you put anything in them and try picking them up to move (n)
After today I should have lots of things to crack on with through the week -cupboards/doors etc.-leaving the leccy stuff for Paul at the weekend :LOL:After that it's Jaws meet and then finish what we could not get done the weekend after
edit forgot to say we had scheduled 5 weekends for the job
terry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
but also on the relay type vans the front seats step down about 5/6 ins which I also am not keen about :DIt's all a bit up in the air at the moment so will just have to see if it works or not :rolleyes:
Looking good Terry. Your certainly cracking on with the job.
3 guesses where Ralph is ???
The step you mentioned above is the piece of board Ralph cut pictured propped up against our garage , on his thread.
He says it's his hardest bit he cut. As he did it in 1 piece , so he made it hard for himself.:doh:
But, he's made the step into a very handy storage cupboard for Busters bowls , lead , and dog towel. That area on ours will be carpeted as the cab. So it could come in handy for you if you did that too. Somewhere to stash something.
We've decided this morning that we're going to go for the Remis blinds now. ( we'll have to get the new silver screen modified :RollEyes:)
We can't think of the best way to get a curtain around the cab , with the big shelf that's there in this model. And think a curtain would be in the way across the back of the seats.
What are you doing with yours? Have you thought about it yet, or got around the problem with another van ?
Bit of a price difference. Curtain and track = Remis blinds.......
Bx

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Morning Bev only need the 1 guess ;)Curtain track wise I have some neat track that VW guys use that works very well ---I don't like curtains so will use some internal screens (y) or if I can get my head around the price of internal Remis I may invest in some -Probably wait until I am 100 % sure I like the van first -Tell Ralph I can get a good price/discount from Ken at Magnums (y):)-They shut the windscreen down quite a bit :(
I remember your step, hide hole (y) and I will copy the idea :)(y) a bit -I am also doing a step at the back so that you step up to the rear seats / bed so that you don't get dangly feet while sat (y) or at least that's what we are thinking -plus it gives a lot more room under the seats --if it does not work out then I can change the seat heights back down
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back