Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
So sorry to hear about the accident Jim, best wishes for a speedy recovery to Sian and Ginnie. Thinking of you all......Martyn & Eileen.

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
#
Hi Jim. So so sorry to hear about the accident, but everso glad that no one of your family was badly hurt.
Very best wishes to you and the family.
Pudseykeith and Rosalie

Last edited:

LittleKath00

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry about the accident, but good to hear everyone is well.

Kath, Keith & Farhan:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Freestyle

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
Thankful!

:Smile: Very sorry to hear about your accident on the way home. We are just thankful that no one was badly hurt! We send our best wishes and hope that all will recover O.K. Thanks for a great weekend
Derek and Chris Arnold (Freestyle)
We were just getting on the the M69 at 1030 this morning Sian and Ginnie were leading the way in the Landrover that was packed from floor to roof with all the gear from the show. To avoid a truck that drifted too close to her Sian steered away to her left much too sharply.

Right in front of me the Landrover bounced first left, then right, bottoming out on the suspension each time, it then unbelievably flipped left again landing on the passengers (Ginnies) side and slid down the road, eventually coming to a halt on the hard shoulder. I stood on the brakes and managed to avoid them. I got out into the traffic and ran to the Landrover, It only took seconds for me to reach them but it seemed like an age, I managed to open the door, fearing the worst, all I could think of was the steel marquee poles and what serious injuries they might cause. But they were trying to scramble out They had managed to get out of their seat belts and I hauled them out through the drivers side which was now uppermost.

They have lots of bumps cuts and bruises have suffered a bit whiplash and are in a little shock but nothing is broken. Essentially they are OK. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

The Firemen removed the battery and laid out a hose and attached picture shows My Landrover exactly as I saw it crash from the driving seat I took it whilst we waited for recovery. It was a terrifying experience for all of us, the Landrover is no more but we consider ourselves very lucky indeed.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi jim and family
Must have been 'orrible, glad everyone's ok..ish

regards..nige&sheree

robo

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
terrible trip home

so sorry to read about the acident on your way home,hope your all allright after a great weekend.

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Jim, Sian & Family,
Really sorry to hear what happened, Hope your all feeling better soon.
Thinking of you all, Ken & Dawn

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry

Sorry to hear about the accident, horrible finish to a great weekend. Glad to hear no serious injuries. Take care of yourselves,
love, Marion and Jim Yuill

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Bugger, just found out about it Jim, I am so glad that everything is OK, it is my ongoing nightmare when ever Lyn is driving back from a show in another vehicle

The beers are def on me next time!

Give my regards to them all Jim, it must have been a huge shock for James as well!

Eddie
x

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just read this bad news and feel realy sorry for you and your familey.

Why do things like this happen to nice people when they have made some much effort to make the weekend so nice for everyone else.

Hope you all make a fast recovery and have many, many more safe travels and fun adventures once you put this behind you.

Richard & Gill

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
jim
stunned is the word..:whatthe: but at least your all ok, give our best to them and wish them a speedy recovery..
alan & ann

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi just logged on :Eeek:
Hi Jim

what terrible news - thank goodness they are both ok.

ray
<!-- / message -->

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hi Jim
Bit of shock reading about it but a smidgeon of what it must have been like for you all - time must have stood still. My Very Best Wishes to you all for a speedy recovery mentally and physically.
If you can salvage a little bit of good from the incident this thread shows what a wonderfully supportive second family you and Sian have created through your efforts.

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Not alot more can be added to whats already been said , Thankfully everyone is ok to tell the tale .......... Hopefully see you all real soon

Mark & Shaz

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
We've never met but we're friends. Our best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and safe journeys in the future.
Jan and Merv

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
just read this omg, thank heavens there safe jim.

mark and linda

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
HI Jim it must have been heart wrenching to see it all happening before you. Hope everyone is recovering well.
I guess the vehicle is still in Leicestershire, if you need anything recovering from the Landrover let me know. I could go down with the van and fetch what ever you want.

Andy S

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Just logged on Jim - so pleased all is well other than the Landie, which can be replaced. Our best wishes to Sian and Ginnie and hope they recover from the ordeal quickly, as well as those of you in the coach who must have been horrified.

Life is so transient, awful incidents like this really bring it home - so pleased everyone is more or less ok.

Laurie and Jen

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Just got home Jim but Ruth phoned me at work today with the news.
Must have been so scary for you and Sian and Ginny so glad they were not seriously hurt.
Please give them my love and hope they recover soon, cos I need to see you all again soon

don't suppose the "Shit Bag " in the truck stopped to help ?

F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
Just a quick one to say that we were mortified to see the first post, and, along with everyone else, pass you ALL our very best wishes.

It is incredibly satisfying to see the enormous support and genuiune affection coming from everybody on the forum. This only goes to reinforce the feeling that the community is a REAL brother(sister)hood and so much of that is a direct reflection of the commitment of yourselves and the other people involved in the creation and running of it.

Thankyou and best wishes,

Mike and Jill.

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
glad you are ok

Just read about your accident, sorry to hear whats happened and we hope you are all recovering from the shock and bruises, thank goodness they are ok.
We only met on friday but we were very shocked to hear and wish you al the best.

:thumb: best wishes lynne & Paul

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We felt we would also like to offer our best wishes as so many have done before us. We have been in a similar situation in the past and can assure you time is a great healer but it would have been a lot easier if we'd had the amount of loving support you have on this forum.

Take care - look forward to meeting you at Peterborough.

Nigel and Pamala

Maryann

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
Funster No
So sorry to read of your accident, fortuneately everyone seems to have escaped serious injury, cars can be replaced, loved ones can't.

Hope you are all recovering from the shock and bruising.

Sian

Admin
Jul 19, 2007
Linc's
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Seems like Forever
A Big Thank You

As some of you know I hardly have time to read the forum and tend to leave it to Jim to tell me what is going on. However I sat down last night to read the kind messages that you have left and thought that my first ever post should be to thank you for all those messages of support. It was a very heart warming read. Thank you.

All of my bruises are black and out now and whilst they look terrible they are not too painful I am just a little sore. Ginnie has some whiplash as well but she is used to taking it easy:Smile: and is recovering quickly.

Thank you ever so much, I thought Newark was a great party and I am looking forward to a good rally at Peterborough. See you all then::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
As some of you know I hardly have time to read the forum and tend to leave it to Jim to tell me what is going on. However I sat down last night to read the kind messages that you have left and thought that my first ever post should be to thank you for all those messages of support. It was a very heart warming read. Thank you.

All of my bruises are black and out now and whilst they look terrible they are not too painful I am just a little sore. Ginnie has some whiplash as well but she is used to taking it easy:Smile: and is recovering quickly.

Thank you ever so much, I thought Newark was a great party and I am looking forward to a good rally at Peterborough. See you all then::bigsmile:

Sian thank you so much for this posting.

I so pleased you and Ginny walked away from this terrible incident.

Your family is always there behind Jim to make this site so special.

Thanks for all your hard work in this case carting round the display and so very pleased your both safe and sound.

BTW:- Love the avatar::bigsmile:

Last edited:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Sian thank you so much for this posting.

I so pleased you and Ginny walked away from this terrible incident.

Your family is always there behind Jim to make this site so special.

Thanks for all your hard work in this case carting round the display and so very pleased your both safe and sound.

BTW:- Love the avatar::bigsmile:

Well put John, as they say.......behind every good man is an even better woman :roflmto:

Love the blue hairdo Sian, the colour suits you ::bigsmile: And I hope you are being well and truly pampered! :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back