Tempted (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
I am rather tempted by this, would make a nice change from the luxury we now drive around in ! We used to have one of these in 1979, not quite the same, ours was decked out for African safaris. Two 10 gallon steel water cans and a spare wheel mounted on the front a gas cylinder and second spare wheel on the back along with a 10 gallon petrol can (health and safety would have a fit these days) All the screws that held the part wooden liftable roof used to fall out when we drove along corrugated tracks in the bush which meant a quick stop to screw them all back in again. Contrary to popular belief it can rain quite hard in parts of Africa as we can testify, the water used to run down in front of the passenger seat like a small torrent. On occasions the temperature would reach 42C and the sill under the windscreen which was some sort of plastic upholstery used to bubble and split, I later had it all re upholstered in Cape Town, then we left and sold it, sad. Oh well.
Landy.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Saw something very similar at the NEC! That is hardcore motor homing!

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
There's still a few similar in R.S.A. - reminds us of the B.I.L.'s that took us from Vaal Oewer to Bongani in 2013 :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back