Temporarily a single motorhomer - suggestions please (1 Viewer)

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Well since Christmas my life has changed dramatically and I am temporarily a single motothomer.

My mothers Alzheimer's got so bad over the holiday season that she is now sadly in hospital and soon to be in a nursing home, my girlfriend has been called back to China for a while, so until we get married next month and she returns to the UK just before the Newark show I am a single motorhomer.

My question after this preamble (or waffle which is more accurate:Doh:) is, does anyone have any suggestions as to where a single motorhomer with 1 dog (sadly number 2 dog old Benson had to be put down recently) can go for a weekend at this time of year. I really don't want to have to wait until the Newark show to get out in the MH.I am based in East Grinstead.

All suggestions gratefully received:thumb:

Thanks
Gary

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Gary,
blimey mate.. its all building up by the sound of it..
But !!

Four years ago I had never owned a motorhome or even a caravan
If someone had asked me then where to go for a weekend in mid winter in a van I would have smirked and said they were barmy ..

Nowadays...
I would say almost anywhere :)

A couple of ideas.. Canterbury Cathedral.. Amazing day out any time and you can plot up at jct 11 on the M20 ( sometimes costs a fiver but I have never once been asked for a penny ! )

Another idea might be to shoot down to brighton and go skating ! When was the last time you did that ( and you can take your best mate for a walk on the beach which will go down a treat I am sure :Smile: )

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Anywhere you like, thats the point of a motor home, you take your home with you. just get in and drive.:thumb:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Balls

If you're a CC member...try Ferry meadows, Peterborough

...very close to a couple of places where they bat those little white balls around:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back