Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Ok - so another topic I understand that is quite popular...

Got no gas yet, so put the beers in the fridge and put the ehu on last night. Whilst when I checked this morning they had chilled they were not cold. I understand that putting stuff in the fridge would lead to it taking longer to cool down, but how long should I expect the fridge to take to get to 'cold'.

And how will (should) it perform just being left on leisure batteries for two days?

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Vis, on Thetford fridges I think if you pull the salad box out of the bottom it should have a sticker with the details behind or below where the box sits, model number etc

Ours is a Thetford N145. Only works on 12v when engine running. Auto select version that goes to gas/elec when engine shuts off. I'm finding it doesn't chill beers down as good as any Westy fridge I've had, but this fridge is huge so when full of food it's a lot to cool.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
(y)I have 4 freezer blocks, and rotate two at a time from the freezer to the fridge, I find that this helps massively even when on EHU. (y)

There's never any room for freezer blocks in our fridge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just out of interest I have just switched mine from AES to 12V, it immediately drew 16A from leisure battery with no key even in ignition let alone switched on

Not sure if this is right, a few things on our MH are 'odd' to say the least, but no wonder a fridge will kill a battery in no time :)

back in auto by the way, nobody panic

Hi David

That's right, ours is the same with manual selection to 12 volts it will run off whatever battery it is wired to and in our case it is the leisure. If you switch to AES it then engages it's brain and only runs off 12 volts with the engine running.

Martin

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back