Telling partner they are overweight? (1 Viewer)

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Honesty is always the best policy. You cannot help but upset someone with a topic like this. but eventually she will thank you for it.
Being honest doesn't mean you have to be rude!

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Luckily she does not click on the MHF icon on this pc, she thinks its all about tech talk on motorhomes :roflmto: - little does she know she know.
She always goes to Face Book for communication.
Maybe I will make up a mock up FB account and go down that road, then it won`t be from me and no confrontation.:thumb:

It happened years ago and eventually she said " why did you not say something earlier" --- I can remember trying ,that`s why I`m going through this crisis now.
I was wrong for saying then wrong for not saying.

The MH bed is made up for one , just in case it goes wrong.:cry:

If at work and a mate comes in with a Xmas beer belly we laugh about how many months before you are ready mate:ROFLMAO: all fun , but a different strategy needed here:whatthe:

I wonder if any MHF lady members can suggest how to say- too big- in a nice way:Eeek:

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

cook her a romantic meal,whoo her all over again ,then tell her she still has that hour glass figure she had when you first met,
thing is it now lies at 45 degreese:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
As above, but instead of mentioning the hourglass figure, say, "If you had the chance, is there anything you could change about yourself"
She may know she is getting a bit cuddly but doesn't want to admit it or do anything about it.
Or, if its her birthday soon, buy here a years subscription to Weightwatchers ( other weight loss companies are available, but don't work as well)
Ask her to help you turn the mattress around because "your side seems to be sagging a bit more than mine, this should help even things out a bit"

I don't normally subscribe to anything like this, but click here...... ( most of its rubbish though!

Good luck......

Allan

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
do as Shirl does to me.....

Oi, lard arse, You got to do something about that belly.

Short and blunt is best....and the bruises do fade eventually

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The only way around this is to say you could do with a bit more exercise walking / Swimming but you would like to do it together, say you would not mind trying a healthy diet.

Don't suggest she has one biscuit less or she is eating to many chocolates because that is a sure way of getting her back up.

Complement her say the different food is really good / her company when exercising makes it so much better.

Don't make picky remarks about her weight trust me she already knows and that will make her eat more because she is not happy with it.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
You could help her by taking over the shopping, cooking her lovely healthy meals, getting rid of all the crap in the fridge, always have something healthy handy to eat, take her for nice romantic walks swims etc.

You can still enjoy nice food with a healthy lifestyle but ii can be very hard and especially difficult if you are busy working etc..... maybe she has been too busy working, looking after you and a family to look after herself!

You could buy some books like The-150-Healthiest-Foods- by Jonny Bowden he certainly tells you his opinion of what you should eat.

My husbands tips are to tell her to get on with the hoovering and the ironing! She needs more exercise ! :Doh::Doh:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just tell her there is someone on fun or a guy at work that wants to know how to tell his mrs that she is a little over weight and wait for her response.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The only way around this is to say you could do with a bit more exercise walking / Swimming but you would like to do it together, say you would not mind trying a healthy diet.

Don't suggest she has one biscuit less or she is eating to many chocolates because that is a sure way of getting her back up.

Complement her say the different food is really good / her company when exercising makes it so much better.

Don't make picky remarks about her weight trust me she already knows and that will make her eat more because she is not happy with it.

I cant be ar**d with all that. "Hey FATSO", you just dropped some LARD" is much better, quicker, and more to the point.

*CAUTION* It is best to be standing next to an outside door, and wearing running shoes, before saying the above statement.........

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have tried various ways to tell Mrs that she has a growth up front over the last month.

Touching a bulge and saying "coming along nicely darling"--- ends up with ---
WHAT? do you mean:Eeek:

She asks , last week do I look ok in this --"it looks a bit tight darling" I said,--------" Oh OK , rub it in , don`t you." she said

I want to help and suggest being overweight is no good for anyone , but how:Eeek:
Is there a way without me being the enemy:cry:

Never mind telling SWMBO she's becoming rotund, worry about when you attend a meet. There are 1 or 2 (hundred that is !) on here that may drop you in the brown stuff anyway.:ROFLMAO:
To discuss a lady's weight on an open forum, are you mad man ??:Eeek:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have tried various ways to tell Mrs that she has a growth up front over the last month.

She asks , last week do I look ok in this --"it looks a bit tight darling" I said,--------" Oh OK , rub it in , don`t you." she said

I want to help and suggest being overweight is no good for anyone , but how:Eeek:

You take her shopping, (go shopping with her) you suggest she tries on a lovely top and skirt.
Having done your homework pick up a size smaller than she has at home.
Offer said items, when she declines as too small, act surprised and insist she couldn't possibly be that size !
Not only subtle but complimentary :thumb:
Prepare to cash in Brownie points.................................

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Its OK the other way round though isn't it, no sparing a mans feelings. :roflmto: Siân's often been heard to say somethiing like..."Want another sausage fatty?":ROFLMAO:

Worry when Siân say's "you can't have another sausage: Fatty"

Lyn does :cry:

Eddie

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just make sure it is not a medical condition :Eeek:

My family told me in some not so kind ways I was putting on the pounds(as if I didn't know my tummy was definitely getting rotund) but even with strict dieting I was still getting bigger round the middle but my arms and legs were like sticks. People used to shout abuse at me in the street. I ended up in hospital for 5 months - so don't assume it is actually over eating / lack of exercise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back