Tell me where to go! (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
At Last both of my daughters will be away for Christmas-yippee we can now do something we have wanted to do for years, get away in the van for Christmas. Any ideas, Christmas rallies? York CC site,no doubt is probably already booked,but I would prefer a rally type meet especially as we have 3 Shi Tzus with us.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We're thinking about having a Christmas meet at our place
Nestled in Ashdown Forest
We're cooking up a three bird roast cooked slowly overnight in the bottom oven in the Aga served with all the trimmings. Home grown veggies and home made gravy
Home cooked honey roast ham, served with home made, home grown coleslaw and potato wedges. Followed by home made Margarita ice cream
Tempting?
Robert

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We found ourselves in a similar situation last Christmas & also wanted a proper play in our new van.

Following a suggestion from someone on here, we went to The Masons Arms, just outside Yeovil. Good food & beer brewed on the premises. Very dog friendly - landlady is involved in dog rescue & re-training.

No Christmas Day lunch, which we actually viewed as a plus point.

We ought to do something different this year, but it's very tempting to go back. One word of warning - the entrance is tight; if cars are badly parked it's a struggle even with our 6.4 x 2.05m PVC. The track down to the campsite is very steep - if it snows or freezes you are probably there until the thaw. There are worse places to be stuck!

The other plus point for us was that we then went on to visit family in the area over the weekend that followed Christmas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
We are thinking of our first Christmas abroad probably Portugal. In the thinking stage at the moment.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We're thinking about having a Christmas meet at our place
Nestled in Ashdown Forest
We're cooking up a three bird roast cooked slowly overnight in the bottom oven in the Aga served with all the trimmings. Home grown veggies and home made gravy
Home cooked honey roast ham, served with home made, home grown coleslaw and potato wedges. Followed by home made Margarita ice cream
Tempting?
Robert
Hope you've sufficient room for the forthcoming Funster Fest at your place :)

Best pop in a few more orders for turkey and ham me thinks :)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Usually run down the west country to stop on my brothers driveway :)

Last year I only "popped in" for 3 days and stayed 3 weeks (y)

Best site in Dorset, free EHU, free water, no grey dump problems and the café was open 24/7 - winner ::bigsmile::clap::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back