Tell me this isn't Google's idea of a better version of Maps!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo), Jul 10, 2013.

1. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

It's not just me is it? On Mac/Firefox + Safari, and Windows 7/Firefox + IE...Google Maps web site...

..."Maps" mode, not "Satellite"...

...most of the A-, and all of the B-roads have no colour scheme, so they look like unclassified roads.

The A48 leaves Cardiff looking like an A-road (orange)..and then goes white even though it's actually dual carriageway in places!

What a mess :Sad:

(And....the sea/lakes/rivers are a horrible light blue colour now, but that's a minor point in comparison).

2. Deckard

Deckard Read Only Funster

Nope.

You tried Streetmap.co.uk? Full OS images etc

3. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Haven't looked at it for a while. Always found it a bit....um...clunky. And I'm so used to double-clicking to zoom in/out, which doesn't work.

Mind you, if this is an example of Google's planned "new Maps" and they don't fix it, I will switch to something else.

4. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Ugh... What have they done :( M1 is now yellow not blue. Damn them.

5. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I stuck with XP and use Chrome, so far no difference, and I hope it doesn't change.:Smile:

6. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

I have not checked the maps today but yesterday I had a bit of a worry. Google would not load on the netbook. That is the whole application, just the little circle would spin and then stop. I backdated, no joy, updated windows as the internet was working just no browser. Realised Mcafee had snuck in (?) deleted that, Kaspersky is there already. Restarted and allsorts. For some reason I have no explorer or other programme for getting online, over zealous decluttering perhaps.
    In the end I went into properties, shortcut tab, open file location, saw two chrome icons in the list. Double clicked on the one that said old chrome (I had previously tried the help option with open with old versions and that had not worked) it flashed up with it could not do it briefly after several seconds and then the application loaded. Phew, been fine since. I notice that it is once again opening with the chrome (rather than old chrome) application. I do not understand it but it is working again so all is well. Jane :BigGrin:

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

It does everything I need, and more.

It will be a black day here when they force me to change.