Televisions

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by leeboy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. leeboy

leeboy Read Only Funster

Hi all,
    how does your tv travel? Is it ok to travel with the tv fastened to the adjustable bracket or should it be removed during travel and then fastened back on when you reach your destination?
    Thank you
    Lee.

2. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

In the motorhomes we rented, the TV was left in place on the adjustable bracket, but the place we hired from insisted that bungee straps were used to stop the telly swinging in transit.

Never had any trouble with it.

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

it depends on the bracket and weight of the tv. i unclip mine and put it in a padded bag, then store it on the overcab bed

• Like Like x 1
  4. scousebird

scousebird Funster

We put ours away to travel

• Like Like x 1
  5. rikfos

rikfos Funster

always travelled with it fixed

6. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

My kids watch ours whilst travelling.

Vlad

• Like Like x 1
  7. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Left in place, with an additional Velcro strap screwed to wall behind tv to wrap around the swing armed, as it tends to swing out if not Velcrod in place :D

8. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Take it orft !! You will kick your self if you break it.. Its also less for a scrote to nick if they see it through the 'windy'.. Win win !!

9. wingman

wingman Funster

Put mine away!

The multi-positional bracket is also demountable. It slides up and out of its wall holder, leaving the bracket still attached to the TV. Therefore, there's no screws or bolts to undo. I just coil the cables and tuck them away. When removed, I pop it into a padded bag and stow it.

There are two main reasons why I take it off; the first being vibration. Whenever something is on a bracket - as opposed to being fixed - any vibration is amplified. Don't want to shake the TV's innards up too much.

Second reason is safety. No amount of Velcro or bungee cords on mine would prevent it becoming a missile in the event of a crash. The impact would cause the bracket to extend, swing out, tear out the small bolts and hurl the TV down the hab area and into the cab at head height!

Might sound over-cautious, but it only takes a jiffy to remove and stow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. laneside

laneside Funster

Ours has to take it's chance on the bracket and we have never had a problem in the last 30,000 miles

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Ours stays in place but i made a bracket that fits in between 2 joints on the tv bracket to stop it from moving.

12. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

ours is still in the box. it came out when my son wanted it. we put it back. and its been there for at least three years. my son keeps saying. he will take it back.

13. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

image.jpg image.jpg
    Ralph fixed ours to a chrome swivel bracket .
    When travelling its clipped up , as in bottom pic, using a seatbelt type strap. Once we want to watch it it's released.
    We either fix the bed up with the same strap , or have the bed down. You can see the other bit of the strap on the top pic dangling from the tv. We are leaving the bracket in the MH when we sell it (But not the TV) because It's a lot better to watch the TV in this position . It was supposed to be in the cupboard above the clock on a pull out bracket. You got a cricked neck when lounging on the seats.

14. scouse272

scouse272 Read Only Funster

fixed to an under cabinet bracket

15. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Ours sits on a custom-designed removable wooden ledge that slots in between the seat cushion and the seat back at the cab end of our four-seater dinette. It's only the two of us who watch it, so we sit on the opposite side of the table. I hated having to look upwards at the screen, so I've now got it at eye level. When travelling, the TV is kept inside a locked under seat locker, and is cushioned.

16. laser101uk

laser101uk Funster

leave mine in place all the time, under a cabinet, hasnt failed yet and been there at least two years. Its done at least 10,000 in that position I only take it out over the winter when we have the frosts.

17. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

Ours stays in place while we drive; it swings about a bit sometimes but all the brackets and fixing are so robust that no damage is done.

18. Jimbohorlicks

Jimbohorlicks Funster

ours goes back in the polystyrene lined box it came in and then up on the overhead bed when travelling-we only have it on a shelf to watch and take it out of view when we go out. Just to reduce temptation.

19. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We only watch TV when slobbing out on our transverse bed so it's fitted to one side of the washroom over the bed and is kept in place in transit with a strap slotted mounted through some small plastic brackets which I removed from the gas locker when in put a larger bottle in. I also put a piece of material over the front (with 2 elastic loops to keep it in place) and a seatbelt pad (used normally to keep the pressure of a seatbelt off your shoulder) to ensure it is nice and snug and the strap doesn't chafe/rub. It has never dropped ff in all the years we've used this method (in various vans)

20. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Where did you find the bracket? I would like mine in the same position.