Teleco Satellite problems, Suggestions??? (2 Viewers)

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Hi.
We are having problems getting any signal on our teleco system. it has a motorised dish that does it all....except find a signal! We have followed the instructions to the letter and have even had a sat guy out to check the satellites it should be locking onto but to no avail. There is power to both boxes and the LNB looks to be ok.
Anything I should be looking at before I go down the route of a new system???
Its not the end of the earth not having the satellite system but as it is there I want the bugger working!!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Thanks In advance
Trev

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Have you checked all the connectors? Sometimes they can be assembled with too short a central wire on the F-connector which means it won't make contact with the other end in the female side if it works loose over time.

Did the sat. man check there is a signal coming from the dish? You say the LNB LOOKS OK but looks can be deceiving, has it been tested maybe by using an alternative one?

It sounds a bit drastic to consider a new system without covering all possibilities. I would not consider it without dismantling the system first and making sure it's not some silly thing like a bad connection that could be easy to fix.

OP
OP
T

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Hi Keith.
In fairness, the guy checking out the sat is a regular sat guy, altho I don't suppose it makes a tremendous amount of difference. He is, however, like a dog with a bone!! He has re-soldered various dodgy looking joints, checked and double checked all the obvious and is coming back to run a direct cable from the dish straight inside to ensure all is how it should be. The on thing that baffled me is that the main box has no display lights on it whilst the smaller box is connected. there is power to it (had all the testers on it) yet when you connect the smaller control box, there is no visible sign on the display. My guy seems to think that the smaller box is, in effect, an extension of the bigger box, does this make sense??

I´m confused :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Trev, I notice your location says Spain, is this where your trying to use your dish ?

If so you need a bigger dish. :Smile: Bob.

OP
OP
T

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Hi Bob
Yes I´m in Spain and you are right in saying that I would need a larger dish, but even the 80cm I have on there would pick up sky news and it isn´t even doing that which makes me wonder if there is either something I´m missing or something a tad more sinister going on.
Like I said, its not that fact that we would watch it, only the fact that it is there and it doesn´t work that is peeing me off!!! hehehe

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like it needs a software update to take account of the recent satellite changes. also be aware that the coverage footprint has dramatically changed, making it far harder to receive any uk channels further south.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I agree with lunarman and Big1.

if you are looking for the uk channels you may as well stop looking now.

the new beam is very narrow and even in northern France it will be hard to find without at least a 60cm dish.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Cheers guys. as it happens, I couldn't get a signal in the uk either so I think it is something a little more serious. I have my hook up to Spanish tv where they provide it, and more dvds of our favourite series than you can shake a stick at so we should be fine and dandy!!! ::bigsmile:
I may even talk to the wife.....:Eeek:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
If all connections check out OK that's a start.

Is the small box you referred to the dish controler that finds the satellite then the other box will be the tuner where you select the channel to watch and is connected to the TV?

Yes a larger dish would be the perfect advice but I'm sure you should get SKY News on an 80cm dish, I've done it on a 40cm dish in Spain in the past and last winter Laneside was getting all progs on a 65cm dish

Thinking about the fact that you have gone from UK to Spain there needs to be an alteration to the skew on the LNB. Depending where you are it can be a difference in the region of 15 deg.

This last year ASTRA have been moving a lot of progs around the new satellites so maybe a retune on the tuner may be needed.

Be interested on how you get on as many of us will be heading your way come the end of the year and we could have the same problems.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, can you pick up any of the other satelittes, make sure you have no trees or anything blocking the signal. ::bigsmile:

I would say like most auto dishes, the control box needs reprogramming. :Doh:

Contact these they might be able to help.

ESPAÑA - NAUCCA CARAVANING S.A.
Polígono Industrial CAN ROQUETA 2
Calle Can Lletget, n° 2 - 08202 Sabadell - Barcelona
Tel. 00 34 937 457 054 - Fax. 00 34 937 254 484
e-mail: comercial@naucca.com

We use a 1 meter dish on a tripod, and a free to air receiver, and last year had UK tv all down the Spanish med and up into Portugal, the worst signal was our favorite site in Javea.:whatthe:

They have only launched one of the new satelittes, and the other should be sometime soon, and everyone's saying you will not get UK tv in Spain, :cry: but we will wait and see. :Smile: Bob.

OP
OP
T

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
If all connections check out OK that's a start.

Is the small box you referred to the dish controler that finds the satellite then the other box will be the tuner where you select the channel to watch and is connected to the TV?

Yes a larger dish would be the perfect advice but I'm sure you should get SKY News on an 80cm dish, I've done it on a 40cm dish in Spain in the past and last winter Laneside was getting all progs on a 65cm dish

Thinking about the fact that you have gone from UK to Spain there needs to be an alteration to the skew on the LNB. Depending where you are it can be a difference in the region of 15 deg.

This last year ASTRA have been moving a lot of progs around the new satellites so maybe a retune on the tuner may be needed.

Be interested on how you get on as many of us will be heading your way come the end of the year and we could have the same problems.
I´ll certainly let you know keith, my guy is hopefully all over it tomorrow whist I fly back to the UK for the day! :Sad:

OP
OP
T

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Hi, can you pick up any of the other satelittes, make sure you have no trees or anything blocking the signal. ::bigsmile:

I would say like most auto dishes, the control box needs reprogramming. :Doh:

Contact these they might be able to help.

ESPAÑA - NAUCCA CARAVANING S.A.
Polígono Industrial CAN ROQUETA 2
Calle Can Lletget, n° 2 - 08202 Sabadell - Barcelona
Tel. 00 34 937 457 054 - Fax. 00 34 937 254 484
e-mail: comercial@naucca.com

We use a 1 meter dish on a tripod, and a free to air receiver, and last year had UK tv all down the Spanish med and up into Portugal, the worst signal was our favorite site in Javea.:whatthe:

They have only launched one of the new satelittes, and the other should be sometime soon, and everyone's saying you will not get UK tv in Spain, :cry: but we will wait and see. :Smile: Bob.
Thanks for the link Bob, as for sat here in Espana, it is very much a suck and see thing until it happens. Every expat either has a bloody great dish or is paying a ¨legal provider¨20€ a month to receive free to air channels! The beeb is favourite to go at the mo but the truth is nobody really knows. All I can say for certain is that for the past 6 years we have all done bloody wellout of sky here in Spain so anyone that moans is a greedy bugger!!! looool

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back