Telco Teleplus x2 TV Aerial Digital

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alcorn54, Jan 31, 2011.

1. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

Just had fitted last week the Telco Teleplus x2 TV Aerial Digital ,half the price of a Status and boy do they work. fitted the telly turned it on a 36 channels instantly. I have used the Status 540/530 on my boat and my last motor-home and it isn't a patch on this one. :thumb::thumb:Alan

RRP £189.00 On offer here delivered £96.00 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]01274 370727
    [/FONT]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=26064538115

2. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Sounds good. We used to rent out a motorhome for a friend and it was fitted with an earlier version of the Teleplus aerial. Worked extremely well, but you needed to be careful not to overtighten the plastic locking nut when adjusting the aerial direction. The renters used to break them regularly, even though we warned them of the weakness in advance.

I don't know if the design has been improved on the latest model, but if not take care. Easy to get replacements from the company, however - just a bit of a fag undoing the aerial cable to fit. Might be worth carrying a spare.

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

says in your ebay link...RRP £139.99

4. alcorn54

sorry

Must be more careful forgot how posts are scrutinized sorry typo should be £139.00 :Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Does not matter, they've sold out.

So I paid a bit more for one from another on there. A good investment at £99.

Thanks for the tip.

6. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

So what kind of range would you receive and who fitted it? :Smile::Smile:

Ivy

7. alcorn54

Not sure of range but they really do boost the signal some or most of my channel's are recieving digital at 100% acording to my TV ,this never happened with Status.

I got it fitted with an electrician as I,m lazy but any competent person could easily fit it for you.

Alan

8. alcorn54

£3.00 more than mine what the hell great bargain , Just been talking to him,he now has one in stock,and if you call him direct on the above number he will get them for you within 4 working days ,they come with a full 3 years warranty and he will honor the quoted price for members even though there has been a vat rise you can also collect direct from them saving postage Just mention this site. OH by the way the new upgraded ones don't come with the metal extensions as shown on box . Alan

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  9. Loujess

Well, we've just been over to Bradford but when told the Telco needed tuning in each time and all that faff, we went for a Winner, I think it was called, instead. I must say, when I tried it out over there, without checking them all, we had 72 channels. The ones I looked at had super pictures. Only one small comment, I now have 2 aerials on top of the MH. Shouldn't they have just replaced the old one and scrapped it, or given it to us? :Eek!:

Ivy

10. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

And it's arrived.

Looks fine to me. I'll wait a bit before fitting it.

11. alcorn54

Im Pleased it came so quickly for you. I think you will be very pleased with the reception and the quality of the channells it picks up..:thumb::thumb:

12. alcorn54

Just auto re tune tv when you arrive at location. Most tv Ariels need this doing . The only ones that dont are the dishes I believe but you still have to line them up correctly anyway I hope you enjoy your new purchase:thumb:. I just looked at the direction of the local house Ariel and pointed it in same direction and it picked up all the local channel's instantly. Alan

13. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

you still have to retune each and every time you move to another transmitter area, no matter what aerial you have.....except a sat dish..

every mast transmits on a different frequency so tuning to your 'local' mast means it wont work when you go to another area on a different mast.

14. Loujess

yes, but what about the 2 aerials on top of the MH now? At least you'll see us coming. Bit like 2 heads. :Eek!::Eek!::Eek!:

Ivy

15. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

Thanks Alan, just ordered one over the phone. The price was as you said. Should get it for Wednesday coming via parcelforce. Not used to buying of ebay or over internet. :thumb:

16. alcorn54

I buy everything from the web and e bay ,my best tips are research items & never buy instantly,be prepared to travel and always ask for discounts, some great bargains about. this last 3 years bought 2 new Motorbikes and imported from America (VTX 1800's) ,at least 5 cars,from all over UK including my present car, 2 motor-homes, a 30ft cabin cruiser (From Windsor) computers , tv's, bedding :thumb::thumb:,etc etc its now such a small world and saved a fortune at the same time,I love it :BigGrin:

17. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Well I thought they are selling well, we need to get some in stock............

Price to me £90 ! so buy whilst they are still available

Peter

18. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Peter I can not see you buying Ariel's @ 90 quid to sell them @ 95 - to match ebay sellers :Rofl1: A fiver is not a lot of proffit :Doh::cry::Wink:
    terry

19. Loujess

I didn't mean tuning, I meant we had to search for the satellite whereas this new one does it on its own. I look forward to trying it out, but I still think we look a bit silly with 2 aerials on the top. :Doh::Doh:

Ivy

20. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

But will it fit in where my analogue Status is fitted ?