Telair Air Conditioning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lesleyjean, Sep 2, 2008.

1. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

I am thinking of having Telair Air Conditioning fitted, anyone out there got any feedback, good or bad, to help me make a decision.

Happy Days from Lesley from Ilfracombe

2. lady jann

lady jann Read Only Funster

at 5. 53 in the morning !!!!!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

Come on guys, give me some feedback

Happy Days from Lesley from Ilfracombe

4. lady jann

lady jann Read Only Funster

hi lesley i am sorry i can t help this is far too technical for me ! but i am sure there are many who can help and advise , :Smile: see you later in chat ??

best regards :thumb:

5. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

Thanks Ray

See you later in Chat, Kaya was online at 5.00 a.m. this morning

Happy Days

6. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Roof Mounted air con at that time of the morning!!!!

I just wind the window down.:Rofl1:

7. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: We have had Air-Con for the last 8 years. We have only ever used it 3 times on 3 different RV's to test that it was working. :RollEyes:

8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

and this from a bloke that spends most of his time in spain......weather must not be all its made out to be. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Aircon, heavy on power, takes up space better utilised for Solar panels, where are you going, death vally????:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. adventure

adventure Read Only Funster

Hi Lesley

I will give you my own opinion,

all airconditioners make a noise, most are only used when required but if you have not got one then you have to suffer and wish, I do not have one fitted to my hire van but that is only because I can not fit anything else on the roof, I believe the telair is quieter than the dometic.

I have a customer who would be more than hapy to discuss with you his airconditioner which is a telair 5300 and he has had it about 2 months if you would like pm me and I will forward your email addres to him

regards

nick:Smile:

11. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: We learned long ago that Air-Con is a waste of energy. If you are HOT? Take some clothes off or jump in the Pool or Sea. If you are COLD? Put more clothes on and close the doors and windows. :Laughing:

:BigGrin: We have been to Death Valley. Never used the Air-Con there either. Mind you. It WAS Winter. :Rofl1:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  12. Dogslow

Dogslow Read Only Funster

Telair

Firstly hello from England,we have had a Telair silent aircon unit fitted to the roof of our campervan .We will be using it mostly in the South of France and Spain Italy etc.
    We had chosen a different unit but the instalation guys recomended this manufacturer, model..
    Anyway the Uk importer carries very little stock so they had to order one from north east Italy where they make them.The trip by road on a lorry to north London where there headquarters is two and a half days.We were quoted two weeks delivery and it took three.Our fitters installed it corectly and it woudnt fire up.Telair said it was a faulty printed circuit board so they put one in the post AND it was the wrong one it was the other one so we are waiting for another one to be posted out.The fitted price for this unit in
    England is £1200.
    Our thoughts about Telair at the moment arnt good I would have thought they tested the units after they build them .Our opinion on them may change when we get chance to use it we will keep you posted.

13. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Nearly had Air con fitted to our last van, but was advised against it buy quite a few people, so glad we did not go ahead with it, had a Fiamma turbo fan fitted instead gives all the cooling we need.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

14. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I looked at aircon recently-as soon as I told Carolyn that it would be fitted where the main skylight is,that was the end of that discussion!! The idea had been to channel cold air into cab by closing all but the front vents when we were driving.
    We ended up having cab aircon fitted and have used it several times -we actually used it in April when it was below zero outside but the sun shining straight onto windscreen one day made cab like a greenhouse.
    If it's hot when we're parked up,then we can sit outside.:BigGrin:

Mike.

15. Dogslow

Dogslow Read Only Funster

Telair 3800 silent H

We have our campervan back after the succesful instalation.

As The silent name suggests it is virtually silent outside of the vehicle when it is running hardly audable at all.
    Inside the vehicle there is obviously some sound not intrusive.It does what it says on the box it blows cold when wanted and hot when wanted.
    We fitted a 1500 watt inverter so we could use this on the move and it works using an inverter with that much power.
    So on the move and parked up we have cool air.
    As a trucker of many many years I have suffered in mobile grenhouses .
    On a slightly different note a friend of mine has a caravan near Benidorm
    he told me that he would go in the shower in the caravan coz he was sweating profousley.He would dry himself off and by the time he had got dressed again he was soaked in sweat.

That liitle story made my mind up.Different strokes for different blokes
    I thank you.:thumb:

[​IMG][​IMG]