Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Just thinking ...

Has anyone ever seen a campervan with space for a cycle inside the van. I'm thinking a small van, internal bike space, must have a cooker for cooking, a bed (single would do) for sleeping, and a fridge for keeping beer cool. It must also have a shower & toilet, because it must be able to function off grid, i.e. not on campsites.

From the research I've done, it seems that the shower is the sticking point. There are lots of VW / Merc Vito type vans, but it's rare they have a shower.

I'd prefer a small van to get into town centres and so on, which is why I would prefer something with a pop top, rather than a fixed high roof. I remember looking at a Timberland PVC, which has space for bikes across the back, inside the doors (like a little garage), but that was a fixed high roof IIRC.

Any suggestions?

Gerald

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Self build Gerald. You could put something together for about £5K if you don't mind roughing it a little. My layout would work for what you want.

full shower, sink toilet, Full size fridge and double hob. Table for working at, bench seating etc etc. Rear storage area enough for gas bottles, washing machine and loads and loads of tools.

All in under 6 meters......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
When our cycle rack broke in Spain last year we had 3 adult bikes and one child's bike crammed into the van for about 200 miles.

No one could move and it was embarrassing when we arrived at site. Lots of Dutch people were staring at us in wonder as the van kept coughing up these bikes followed by humans::bigsmile:

So a Burstner Aviano would be perfect:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Gerald I have seen a low roof SWB tranny self build with all you require apart from the pop top.If memory serves me right -no side door-back left cnr loo and sit on loo shower followed by cooker,opposite side was fridge and sink.Both sides then went to single/double bed using the front seats.The guys mountain bike went in between the loo,cooker / fridge and sink.
I have also seen some pics of a van (hi roof) which had a fold up bed on the side which held bikes until the bed was deployed
terry

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Romahome?

We were originally thinking of a van that would take our tandem inside - the Romahome range suited as they had rear doors. We changed tack in the end, but the romahome would certainly make a useful everyday vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back