nick21

Free Member
May 8, 2011
sheffield
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Maybe not the brightest of ideas...but...

A tv only solves tv viewing problems...

subscribed to a donggle since they came on the market, i will always need an internet conection in the m/h and i have a spare computer and a roof mounted projector and screen etc.... you can see where this is going !

i kind of like the idea of killing several birds with one stone, the big screen , tv via the net and able to work the same as at home and the A class layout i ve gone for is increadably ideal....obviosly i ve considdered power and the built in gas tank lends itself to a small gas generator....

Is this a step too far ? !

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Maybe not the brightest of ideas...but...

A tv only solves tv viewing problems...

subscribed to a donggle since they came on the market, i will always need an internet conection in the m/h and i have a spare computer and a roof mounted projector and screen etc.... you can see where this is going !

i kind of like the idea of killing several birds with one stone, the big screen , tv via the net and able to work the same as at home and the A class layout i ve gone for is increadably ideal....obviosly i ve considdered power and the built in gas tank lends itself to a small gas generator....

Is this a step too far ? !

Whilst you are driving........ I think it will be......:Doh:

Upvote 0
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
hi

Sounds fab loving the projector etc. Is there enough spped in the dongle conection for the tv to work? I am intrigued.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Streaming video via a dongle will sometimes be fantastic and sometimes be worse than useless.

Projectors are always good!

Try downloading broadcast programmes or just using dvd.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nick21

Free Member
May 8, 2011
sheffield
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
used all makes of dongles all over the country with my laptop and started with 3 and still with them as although not the fastest, it seems to get a signal in places where others dont and is fast enough to stream .....To be honest my home broadband isnt much faster ....

i worked out with the a class layout i should be able to project at least a 50 inch picture and be sat at least 12 ft away from it ...

with the projector and screen attatched to the roof theres still bags of head height rolled up and it ll make a fantastic lounge for in the evening...

tv catchup , i players , zmovie for latest releases and no need for a costly bulky sat dish and the same set up as home... even got a wireless mouse for remote control !!!

oh no.... another thought...surround sound off computer !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back