Tea service experts

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ivory55, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Hi, clearing the mother in laws place as she has had to go in a home and she has some bits and pieces of which is a Thomas Bavaria cups and saucers does any body know if they are worth anything. She was given them before the 2nd world war. Just did not want to get mugged if worth something cheers

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  3. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

Have a look on e bay there seems to some Thomas Bavaria sets for sale and check if you have the same pattern. Will be worth more if a complete set and undamaged. Best of luck:Smile:

4. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

As stated ebay is your friend. If you have a few odd pieces people pay good money to replace broken items from sets. I once sold piece by piece a Paragon Tree of Kashmir full china dinner service this way. No one wanted the complete service as it was too big, but I had no trouble selling it a piece at a time to those extending there own service or replacing broken items.

6. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Thanks ,was not looking to get rich but wanted the best for her. I know dealers have a living to make but wanted a head start on them. When we pop our clogs there will not be anything like this in our loft , it's been interesting the stuff they saved yet never used.

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Living close to the Potteries I collected porcelain and china for years. Just before I retired I was broken into and many Doulton figures were stolen. It was at that point I decided to sell the lot. Never regretted it as it was all a pain to keep clean. My children never wanted it as they grew up having to dust it and wipe it down. I collect bigger toys now :Doh:.

8. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

A few yrs ago I bought 'most' of an art deco dinner and tea service at auction for about £60. It was when people were buying dressers for kitchens and decorating them with bright coloured stuff. I sold it all piece by piece for over £400 :thumb:

Mike