TDi tuning box.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by crutch, Apr 20, 2015.

1. crutch

crutch

I'm thinking of getting a TDi tuning box for my Fiat based motorhome. It's a 2.3 dt multijet 150 bhp, I just wondered if any of you guys had got one fitted to the same engine, if so had you had any trouble and do they really make a difference to the power output and what sort of mpg gains could I expect in reality as tdi tuning quote 4 to 6 mpg. I'm not looking at a remap, as tdi tuning are a reputable company with a no quibble money back guarantee should you not be happy within a set period, plus the chip can be removed within minutes. They state it complies with euro 5+ emissions with no smoke etc etc. your thought please folks. Just on the tdi tuning product.
    Thanks !!

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

As it happens I have mine up for sale shortly
    There are so many folk who poo poo them but I had really worthwhile results with one on a 2.8JTD and having run a test on the one I currently have fitted to the present van ( identical set up to yours Crutch ) I gained an extra 1.8 mpg over the 130 mile round trip to Peterborough and back

The one I may have for sale is off of an X-250 2.3 litre .. The people who have asked me if I want it are giving up vaning and have bought a boat...
    I believe they are going to be looking for £100 .. Mine cost £225 and they got theirs from the same folk as me, Torquing of Diesels

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr B

Mr B Funster

DTUK.
    Got to agree with Jaws.
    Not everyone's taste, but my last two vehicles have been fitted with em and was well pleased. Getting one for the Rapido aswell

• Like Like x 1
  4. crutch

crutch

Thanks guys, think I'll give tdi tunin a call in the morning.

5. tjay

tjay Funster

I too have had one fitted and when solo have noticed that I very rarely have to change down at all.
    Reckon I am getting 2-3 mpg more.(driving a bit faster solo)
    Main reason for the purchase was for more torque when pulling my trailer and small car on it.
    On our hols to Spain last year still gained 2 mpg over original unchipped engine.
    Easy fit more than happy with, informed my insurance of it and there was no increase in premium.

• Like Like x 1