Free Member
Apr 18, 2015
stafforshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2013
I'm thinking of getting a TDi tuning box for my Fiat based motorhome. It's a 2.3 dt multijet 150 bhp, I just wondered if any of you guys had got one fitted to the same engine, if so had you had any trouble and do they really make a difference to the power output and what sort of mpg gains could I expect in reality as tdi tuning quote 4 to 6 mpg. I'm not looking at a remap, as tdi tuning are a reputable company with a no quibble money back guarantee should you not be happy within a set period, plus the chip can be removed within minutes. They state it complies with euro 5+ emissions with no smoke etc etc. your thought please folks. Just on the tdi tuning product.
Thanks !!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As it happens I have mine up for sale shortly
There are so many folk who poo poo them but I had really worthwhile results with one on a 2.8JTD and having run a test on the one I currently have fitted to the present van ( identical set up to yours Crutch ) I gained an extra 1.8 mpg over the 130 mile round trip to Peterborough and back

The one I may have for sale is off of an X-250 2.3 litre .. The people who have asked me if I want it are giving up vaning and have bought a boat...
I believe they are going to be looking for £100 .. Mine cost £225 and they got theirs from the same folk as me, Torquing of Diesels

Reactions: f6c

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
DTUK.
Got to agree with Jaws.
Not everyone's taste, but my last two vehicles have been fitted with em and was well pleased. Getting one for the Rapido aswell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
I too have had one fitted and when solo have noticed that I very rarely have to change down at all.
Reckon I am getting 2-3 mpg more.(driving a bit faster solo)
Main reason for the purchase was for more torque when pulling my trailer and small car on it.
On our hols to Spain last year still gained 2 mpg over original unchipped engine.
Easy fit more than happy with, informed my insurance of it and there was no increase in premium.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back