Taylor made bike covers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by injebreck99, Mar 15, 2014.

1. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Anybody have any experience of Taylormade bike covers, good or bad, I e-mailed them a few weeks ago, they never bothered to reply, not a good start.
    I am looking for a decent cover for our two electric bikes, using a towball mounted bike carrier, Many Thanks.

2. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Got one you can buy £40.. Used it once and now have a new van we can't reach high enough to fit it onto... ( Really thick, quality canvas type stuff with a drawstring round the bottom)
    PS It was made with 2 mounting splits up the back to go onto a Fiaama bike rack....

3. Bollard

Bollard Funster

Bike cover

Sorry no info on Taylormade bike covers . From experience got really fed-up with Fiamma Bike Covers over the last few years, not very robust. Purchased a THULE BIKE COVER on recommendation. Very pleased can recommend the quality and size! :thumb:

4. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

I have twice tried to buy Taylor made bike covers
    1st time they wanted bike height and type, said they would come back with price 2 weeks later phoned but was told they were too busy after NEC show last Oct
    Tried again at the start of this year same questions and still waiting for a call back
    Not sure where I'm going to try now

• Like Like x 1
  5. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Sounds like they don't need any new business, !!

6. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Would it fit on a towball mounted carrier bikes?

7. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Cant see why not...

8. pandj

pandj Funster Life Member

We've just got a Taylormade cover, larger one with no slit for two electric bikes, to go on a Thule 916 towbar mounted rack.
    Phoned them Tuesday morning spoke to a very helpful lady who told me which one would suit and we received it Wednesday, looks very good, time will tell.
    They post all their orders on a Tuesday (midday) so if you leave it till the afternoon it would take over a week to get it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steevie

steevie Funster

They are based in the same village as me, and we see them often at shows etc. They have a team of workers sewing covers constantly, and they are of a very high quality, but they do get busy at times, and they make excellent windscreen covers aswell, the silver thingies.

10. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Snap! I emailed them last year and got no answer. However, I gave in recently and bought a windscreen cover from them. It is well made but the instruction which came with it were more or less useless. I also ordered a 'net' with it which I foolishly thought was a bag to put it in. It isn't.

So, a typical company stuck in the past. OK products but not a clue how to communicate with customers.

Any decent competitor would wipe them out unless they changed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

Good bike cover

I phoned Taylormade - told them the type of bike rack we have and the height / length / width of handlebars of the bikes. A really helpful lady took our payment and we received the bike cover week later after it had been made to our size. Really good quality - can recommend the product and company.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

How does it work with no slits, how can you attach the two arms to the bikes ?

13. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

We bought Tailor made covers for our Electric bikes 10 years ago, they are still doing the job they are designed for today just completed 2months in Morocco and that is a test for any cover.

They are a bit faded but as strong as ever, so I can safely say that we recommend them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pandj

It covers everything, because its a towbar mount there's nothing in the way at the back to snag the cover.

• Like Like x 2
  15. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Does it have a clear pocket or something for the reflective plate you need for Spain? Or are those only required for racks on the back door?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  16. pandj

It hasn't got a pocket, our plate has a hole on each corner and we will just bungy strap it on, unless I think of a more cunning plan in the mean time.:BigGrin:

17. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Just a quick update, I bought the Taylormade bike cover from Jenny and Mitch who live about 30 miles from us, very nice couple, had a cup of tea with them and weren't too jealous of their week old Autotrail Tracker, another result for this forum! :thumb:

18. Sonia3

Sonia3 Funster

Just purchased a 2 bike cover from Taylor Made - BUT - it is such a pain to put on with all the eyelets and stringing up that we tend to travel without it unless we are going a long way (and in the rain)! Still looking for a new 2 bike cover that was as robust as the old Fiamma one which lasted years! Taylor-made cover is very robust but takes up a lot of room when off and about 30 mins to put on!