Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Guy turned up at our workshop one day, for a service on his van, recommended by another customer. Pierced eyebrow, tatoos, Doc martins, combat trousers (bullet on Key ring) . I thought what the Hell have I let us in for here. Well tell you what, he turned out to be best paying, best timekeeping customer I had for Twenty Years. Only wish all the best dressed twits I came across, had half his morals!
Talk about dont Judge a book by its cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Regards
Steve

SHOULD HAVE SAID WELL DONE SHAUN:thumb::thumb::thumb:

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
I had a friend who sadly died last year who tattooed his whole body and even his face blue .... One of the nicest guys I've ever known , he would paint and decorate all the old folks houses in the small village where he lived and did a lot for The Help The Heroes Charity ......... If you didnt know him and saw him you would have run a mile .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
This was an interesting lady we came across at Edinburgh

Attachments

• P1040866 (800x600).jpg
    P1040866 (800x600).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 84

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
The way I see it.

The human body is beautiful naked and having tattoos makes it less beautiful.

I was not happy when my son came home with tatoo's but have got used to them now.

I do recognise that they can look quite decorative on young people

Bbbbbbuuuttttt

Seeing an old woman on the beach with tatoo's, I find they look quite repulsive.

Men seem to suit them better, but I am trying to be non sexist here.

I am only commenting on the look of tattoos and not on the personality of the wearer of said tattoos.:Smile:::bigsmile:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Haha, I'm sure that's not you, Lesley :roflmto::roflmto:

It makes you wonder what these people see when they look in a mirror, doesn't it?[/i don't usually post opinions on here, but made an exception.

QUOTE]

I agree, but as the saying goes

Suits the wearer and not the starer.

Each to their own.

I don't usually post an opinion on here but as it is not political I thought

Go for it, what the hell::bigsmile::roflmto:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Personally I like some tattoos, dislike others and think they suit some people more than others.

I wanted one for years and finally got one last December with my Sister, it was our Christmas present to each other. I love it and cannot imagine that will change but equally realise that they are not for all.

I try to never judge a book by it's cover, in my experience the nicest and the most horrible people come in all sorts of external packages.

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Yes my mate John often described himself as a free spirit , he looked a sight to say the least but a more kinder , caring human being would be hard to find . He was an excellent artist/tattooist and had his own tattoo studio but because he hated charging for his work it all fell through . He spent his days as I said in a previous post decorating for all the old folk in the village never taking any money for his efforts .

He sadly died last year after a short battle with cancer , the small chapel in the village was full to bursting with many more outside , so many people wanted to pay their respects to someone different but special .

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
All the men on my mothers side of the family were in the Merchant Navy, my great grandfather who was born in 1882 and died in 1977 had some on his hand, the usual swallow and handshake. I remember asking him about them, he said that he did them at school, Indian ink and a needle. I asked did they hurt and he replied "only when I got home", He explained that his mother a god fearing woman half killed him He was a grand old man and I loved him ever so much .

Anyhow back to the tattoos, everyone of the men regretted them, they covered them up whenever they could.

When I was working the company I worked for had a rule that they had to be covered up at all times, I personally like the art, but not the tattoos.

There was a lady I saw in the local supermarket in Anglesey, she was covered in tattoos, even her hands and when I asked a friend as to her history it would appear that she came here (Anglesey) and she cant get a job either where she lived or here.

Would I have one?
No.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I'm not really keen on tatoos on men or women.........but you're right, never judge a book by it's cover:Smile:
However, I have to admit to quite liking a man/men with a ponytail...........the Steven Segal type:Smile:
Sorry, going off the thread again methinks:roflmto:

Margaret::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Pammy as a very young lady was well into oriental stuff, her early abitions were to marry a man with three Dragons tatood on his back
As she matured she lowerd her sights and would have been happy marrying a man with two Dragons on chest
She however chose me, with one Dragon on floor:winky:
Geo
AKA Jake the Pegg::bigsmile:

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
So,going back to your original post, have you got any tatoo's or have you had them all removed by laser as you said later ?

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
When I was into gecko breeding, a lot of the reptile breeders were (still are) people with tattoos, both male & female, personally I never really liked them (or was I just too scared to have one?). I was talking one day to a guy with lots of tats (he was a snake breeder a very knowledgeable guy in his field but looked well scary)
He said "the only difference with people with tattoos and people without is the people with them don’t care if you have one or not" after that my thoughts changed about tattoos, I still wont have one there not for me, but both my daughters have small ones and my son-in-laws both have them

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would not have a tattoo but have no issues at all with those that do..

Just to emphasis this, here is a picture of one of my best friends.. been mates for 30+ years and a better friend man could not wish for ( and err,,,, yes, he is a bit of a hard man to say the least ! )

Attachments

• 100147.jpg
    100147.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 100148.jpg
    100148.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 83

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And apart from the ones impossible to reach he did them all himself..

Including tattooing his name inside his bottom lip, and on his 'bits' he put 'Just for Chris' !!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
And apart from the ones impossible to reach he did them all himself..

Including tattooing his name inside his bottom lip, and on his 'bits' he put 'Just for Chris' !!!

I bet Christopher was well pleased, Did they meet in prison:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was really strange.. Up until he moved in to our close from London he had spent most of his life in prison.. What you might call a professional bank robber.. I am sure he did other stuff but Jim's forte was bank robbing ( and the odd wage snatch just to keep his hand in ! )
Since the day we met he has never ever crossed the line.. Completely straight and you could trust him with your life savings.
Sadly though he is a tugger, so unlikely you will ever have the pleasure of meeting him :Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
have you been peeking at me?

Never judge a book by its cover. Some of the most interesting people I have ever met have been very strange on the outside. You only have to look at some funsters:ROFLMAO:

Have you been peeking at me by any chance?

Bob:Sad::Sad::cry::Sad::Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So where is it

now that is just disgusting

IF KENT BE THE GARDEN OF ENGLAND MY TOWN BE THE COMPOST HEAP... so what part of Kent is that?

Royal Tunbridge Wells, is the capital of grid locks, road works, gas pipe work and cable laying... it is in the high stakes for the compost heap.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My son has them

They are not for me... but my son has some (well quite a few)... I personally do not like them, especial if on the far or neck.. but have no problems with people that have them.. it is the person inside that matters not what is on the skin.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back