Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Tattershall Lakes

Overall this is a very nice site with plenty to do whether in or out of season, the only downside we found were the aircraft noise. The aircraft noise was bearable though and after a while you do not even notice it. It is suitable for all types of campers From tents to RV’s Prices are very good out of season and especially good during the week (see website for prices for other times) we were charged £4 for during the week and a total of £38 for Tuesday to Saturday night with electric.

The site has numerous lakes which consist of Jet Ski, Water Ski, Fishing and duck ponds, water is everywhere in this area whether it is a stream, river, bog or lake. There is a small shop and a bar on the site also there is a Caravan sales and accessories showroom next door who have a couple of motorhomes for sale also.
The toilet block is very clean and is quite new; the down side was shower plunger did not last long, no soap holder, hard to protect footwear from becoming wet. Fresh water was available from a number of taps on the camping area; there was no waste water dump for Motorhomes so a bucket or other means had to be used. There is a lot of building work being carried out on the site in certain areas which has not spoiled the stay, they are building a swimming pool as well as new lodges.
The grass area is hard and according to the warden they only have a problem in one corner, as far as pitching up goes it is a case of a free for all as long as the 3mtr rule is obeyed. The electric is supplied via posts which have 4 connections; they are not well highlighted and would cause problems in the dark if you are not careful.

The town is easily reached and you can even walk to it via the main road or the back way alongside the castle. There is a picnic area across the road from the site which was an old railway line at one time it has numerous fields which are of a generous size. It has a small café which is probably season opening. There is a castle and church next to the site which are well worth a visit the castle is open weekends and seasonal £5.50 each.

There are numerous walks or bike rides (except for some of the stupid gates, one end no problem yet the other end is one of the one person at a time type) that can be taken some are a bit bumpy on the bike though. We visited the small marina the RAF base and a pet farm and lake all within a few miles from the site there is also a wood and more lakes about 5 miles away. Also numerous campsites within a short distance from the site, fishing lakes galore a lot are private though and state no day passes

The village has a supermarket (not Somerfield as stated by Google) and there is also a Co Op in the next village. We had some lovely chips for dinner whilst at the Co Op the chippy also sells Ostrich burgers. The is a toilet block in the car park further up the road which was clean and useable, surprising how many are not.
Well we hope this helps you decide whether to or not to pay this site a visit
Scrores out of 10
Cost = 8 to 10
Site overall = 8
Toilet block =8
Bar = 8
Things to do
Off season = 7
Season = 9
Bad points
Aircraft noise and ?.........................well we had to put something :lol:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Looks lovely there and just the job for a last minute weekend/few days and not a million miles away. Thanks for putting it on. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Looks lovely there and just the job for a last minute weekend/few days and not a million miles away. Thanks for putting it on. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

It is a lot busier now than it was but still not too much.

Did my bit to help a newcomer to camping, 2 young-uns arrived got the tent out of the boot and started to erect it. After they had walked past us and went into shop, they then came out and i guessed they had a problem. It turned out they had no pegs so off to the van for me and got my peg box out. After I........yes I had put all the pegs in I asked fro the guide rope for the porch, erm the look was enough so I got some out and cut to length and pegged it down. There you go your all sorted now "have you got any lights as it gets dark at 7.30?" You guessed it, back to the van and 2 lamps given for the night. It has happened to us all in the past, well some of us :lol:

Now you know why I had to rest and .......

Sat watching a guy spend 4 hours trying to put up a caravan awning :ROFLMAO: in the end he went and asked another caravaner, it still took him another hour :Eeek: surely you did not expect me to help?

I was going to give him a hand but was giggling so much I was unable to move :ROFLMAO:

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back