Tardis effect

Discussion in 'Computers' started by camper, Oct 16, 2012.

1. camper

camper Read Only Funster

THe clock on my vista os laptop keeps changing itself.I'd downloaded a few progs from bbc iplayer to watch when I had no internet connection but because the clock changed itself to 2009 and wrong time I couldn't watch downloads because my machine decided they were all expired.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

change which time server your laptop checks for keeping it in sync with world time

right click on the clock, select adjust date/time, then click on the internet time tab and choose a different server

3. camper

camper Read Only Funster

good stuff

That's great! It works!

4. beerdrinker1

beerdrinker1 Funster

Hi Camper,

Glad it was sorted, but I am curious.. how do you watch IPlayer when you have no internet connection ?,

Ken :thumb: :drink:

5. camper

camper Read Only Funster

download

If you download the bbc iplayer desktop you can search for progs and download them-as many as you like and watch them at your leisure depending on their expiry date without being online- you can even watch them on an mp4 player (but always play the first bit in Windows media player so that the licence gets downloaded or they won't play on any portable player-detailed info on bbc iplayer site.
    It does mean you don't need to mess with telly if you take what you like with you on your laptop/player.

6. camper

camper Read Only Funster

Doctor, who is doing this?

After the excitement of the initial fix my laptop has repeatedly reset itself.It's now 10.40am but GMT is 2.35pm