LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Here we are in another gorgeous aire... we are in a place called bitche next to the citadel.
Sadly i have to report after 20 plus years of touring France our first incident. ..

At 10-2 this morning whilst fast asleep I was awoken by a vicious Barking dog... Tara was giving her I'm warning you type bark. I quickly put a top and trainers on and opened the door. Tara sped off chasing two chavs me dressed in a top pair of pants and green flash trainers chasing tara...I think the fact tara had barked had been enough to give them a head start...perhaps then seeing the size of her at the door ment they didn't fancy there chances. ..or me in my underpants was to much... a shame really cos this is a delightful aire.

Take care funsters. . Get a dog better than any alarm...
Off to the police station to report it in a mo

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Tara get down to the local butcher today and buy her a big reward

Glad she was there Paul as could have been worse, although i think id rather be attacked by tara than you in your pants:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: at least you managed to get some speed work done while on holiday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I think I would have run at the two sights they saw, but serious though Paul well done to Tara, pity she didn't get them. Pete :thumb:

It reminds me of my pal Neil who lives in Scotland, and was a Police dog trainer he came home around 2 in the morning and let 4 dogs through the side gate not knowing there was a peeping tom in his back garden, needless to say he didn't get away in one piece, he told me the story 2 years ago I smile when I think of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Good advice Paul, we put a big dogs water bowl outside the van........................:winky: No good for our dog she cant reach it, but all the other dogs passing use it. :ROFLMAO:

A lucky escape, we have had a few times with undesirables and moved off, but touch wood no one trying to get in.
But our dog does start growling if someone is outside. :thumb: Bob.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Well done Tara!:thumb:

Paul and his underpants:Eeek: - I don't want to eat my breakfast cereals anymore:thumbdown:

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
That was a shame Paul it looks like a nice aire on CCInfos with some good reviews.

I have wondered if the aires in town centres are more vulnerable to this type of incident although we have never seen any problems

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done you two.

I hope it is another twenty years before you are disturbed again.

Now, just for me, please tell me...

was this a "dangerous" motorway "aire"/stopping place where they tell me never to spend the night or was it a much "safer" official aire (where anyone intent on night time motorhome break ins would know in advance there will be a good chance of a selection to choose from)?

JJ

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Awwww, big hug Tara ... you are such a clever girl. :thumb:

awww, thanks Paul ... that image has put me off men for another ten years!!!!! :Doh:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Were the Gendarmes surprised that you could run so fast after being gassed!?

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
WELL DONE TARA:thumb:DOGS RULE A, Enjoy the Rest of your Holiday with NO Worrys,

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Its great when dogs earn their keep! Well done Tara!
I bet she had a whale of a time chasing those lads with their bottle of gas and A-frame!

We are sometimes asked if we worry about our house and van when we are out. The answer is always "Why should we"!:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Loved to have seen their faces with 12 stone of newf after them....and you of course, in your green flashy trainer and pants!:ROFLMAO:

Get her a bone as a reward!:thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Well done Tara!

Next best thing - we had a Barking Dog Alarm - sounded like a savage beast and not affected by gas!

Keith

Last edited:
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Glad you are all ok and well done to Tara. Our four barking would set people running in opposite direction but I don't know about Howie in his running shoes!

We saw lots of Newfoundlands on Saturday as they were having their championship show in the adjoining hall to ours at the Kennel Club at Stonleigh Park. Howie was very tempted to get a pup as they looked beautiful but I think we have enough with the four terriers!

Kath and Howie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
should have given chase in your birthday suit paul.....the sight of you swinging the wedding tackle while running like a madman would send them for therapy.

but at least you werent GASSED ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Glad it was ok as it turned out.:thumb:

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi paul, you should leave a piccy of yourself bollock naked on the outside of the door, that will deffo scare em orfff,and tara keeps her beauty sleep,:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
So, on the website where these bandits discuss cheap sources of gas (anaesthetic not LPG) , tips and techniques etc. do you think the fable is already spreading
... of this immense vicious hound accompanied by a man who chased them for 26.2 miles in his underpants....
or will there be the naysayers dismissing it all as fiction - I mean, a dog as big as that with a marathon runner taking them on, it just wouldn't happen - get me the proof, where is the evidence.
This is how myths and legends begin.:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back