Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Apologies if this is in the wrong place before I start!

We are in the process of redoing the living in our horsebox as it was very old fashioned!

We have got a new sink in the kitchen part that has a microswitch tap.

We now need to order another tap for the pull down sink in the washroom and don't know if I need to order a micro switch one or would a normal one be ok?

The water onboard is from a tank with a submersible Truma pump and it also has a Whale pressure switch fitted.

So do I assume that it is a pressured system?

Sorry if I sound dumb, all new to us as although we have an Autotrail it is already nicely done and working and besides I am blonde so it is allowed occasionally I have been told!!:winky:

Any help would be most appreciated.:Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Sneezles

By the sound of it you have a pressurised system, if this is the case then you don't need a switch on the taps this is only used to turn the pump on or off in a non pressurised system, and you do not require a pressure switch.

If running a pressurised system you should have a switch to turn the pump on to start with, and this should run till the pressure builds up in the pipes and at the pressure switch and then stop, till tap is turned on for water and so on. The pressure switch turns the pump on and off in normal use.

Hope this helps.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sneezles

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
That makes sense thanks Dave so will the tap with the micro switch still work or do I need to get another one for that sink or can I just not connect it to the 12v instead?

Sorry for yet more questions!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Normally they will work used either way or so I have found, just don't wire up.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
one way to check the microswitch function.....if you can access the wires to the switch, disconnect them and turn on the tap.

if water flows you have a pressurised system, which it sounds as though you do. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back