Tap not working - help required. (1 Viewer)

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi

Nothing is happening when I turn the kitchen tap on. Usually you can hear a click and then the pump noise but nothing is happening. Then handle sounds like it's grating on something.
So is it the pump or I've read taps have micro switches in them - could it be that?
The shower and bathroom tap work. If it's a micro switch is it easy to change? Would rather have a go if it's easy as opposed to the 40 mile drive to the nearest motorhome garage.
Any thoughts/advice gratefully received.
:thumb:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
If the other taps work then it doesn't sound like the pump.
Chances are it's the tap, but I'm sure someone "wot knows" will soon be on to advise you better than I can. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
open the tap then turn on another tap.

if water flows then the tap itself isnt at fault and will be the microswitch.

if no water flows then the tap internals are up the spout (pun intended :roflmto:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Branston1080

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I'm not sure about the make of tap. Will it say anywhere? Having had a look at a few tap pictures, I think it could be a Reich.
It's a Knaus Sun Ti, so if anyone out there knows the make of taps please let me know. :Smile:

Johnnie Gee

Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Taps

I changed out the micro switch on mine, it slots into the tap body. I took the whole tap out and stripped it. The taps are made by Reich.
It is easy to change once you have it out.my new microswitch had connectors on it but i opted to solder the connections, rather than the connectors fail afterwards and you have to go thru the same rigmarole again!!
Check with Johns Cross first, they will supply the microswitch, they should only cost about 12quid..
Good luck
JJG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back