Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Ah well, whileI'm at it I'd better try and get my other problem sorted:Mellow:

The mixer tap on the sink leaks around the base when I turn the tap off. I've tried tightening the nut underneath the work surface but to no avail. Hoping it's something quite simple.

Thanks.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had a similar problem with a mixer tap a while ago. There is a cartridge in the body of the tap, a seal has probably failed. Replacement cartridges can be found on e-bay, make sure that you order the correct size.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/ceramic-tap-cartridge

Our Reich mixer tap had an Allen headed screw behind the Red / Blue plastic insert, cant remember the size. Remove this screw and the top lever comes off. Next step is to unscrew the top collar. Once this is removed you will need a large spanner or wrench to undo the nut which holds the cartridge in position. Remove the cartridge and fit the new one making sure the locating lugs are in their correct position. Then put it all back together and keep fingers and everything else crossed when you turn on the pump.

Brisey.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
As Brisey says it's likely to be the cartridge. We had a similar problem a few weeks ago and the guys at Johns Cross sorted it out for us.

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I had a leak on our Reich tap, water around base but not from base, from the spout joint. I removed the spout and sealed with sealant and it's ok so far.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back