Tap fittings (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi all. Hope you experienced travellers can help. We're off to France in 3wks. We hear you may require additional tap fittings. Can anyone advise us on types, size, etc. Thanks. :thumb::thumb:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I just took the three I have for the UK. I have 1/2", 3/4" and 1" and they fitted all the screw taps I came across in France and Spain. I got them from Broken Link Removed.

Occasionally you will come across taps without a scew thresd. In Aires that usually means it is the tap you clean the toilet with, so you should not use it for fresh water. Usually you will find a threaded one nearby. However there are plain fresh water taps on some camsites, in which case you have two choices. Use a universal type fitting, which often will need holding onto, or use a watering can and just make a few journeys.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Came across a campsite in Nantes where the hose connection was a 'female' which required a 'male/male' connector or a tap with a 'male' connector -I'd seen this before and had not been able to find a tap ,but this time reception had them for sale :thumb:
so that's another addition to my water connectors box.
As you tavel you will build up a collection ::bigsmile: it is also advisable to have a couple of hoses of different lengths and fittings to join them together if needed. It saves using 30mtrs of hose if you are only 5 or 10 mtrs from tap ::bigsmile:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back