Tangier med

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hotelman, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

Hopefully sailing from Algeciras to tangier Med on Wednesday of Thursday .
    Question 1, do we really need a separate GB sticker besides the one on the number plate ?

Question 2, where exactly on the tangier med quayside can I get my scooter insured ?

Thanks as always ...

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Your number plate GB sticker will be OK. There are several insurance brokers and money exchanges in the office complex which you cant miss. Am not sure if they will insure a scooter though. Quads are definitely a no, no.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Busman

Busman Funster

Well there's 100's of French vans here and I've not seen one of them with anything other than a F on the number plate,
    Sorry can't help with the scooter
    Ps weathers great

• Like Like x 2
  4. Glandwr

Glandwr Funster

I don't think I saw a scooter or moto in Maroc with a number plate or lights so I think insurance might be a bit superfluous :LOL:

Dick

• Like Like x 1
  5. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Yes you can get scooter insurance when you land at Tanger-Med - one of our minigroup had to. Once you've cleared Customs & Immigration (where you'll also have to register the scooter - tell Carlos when you buy your tickets, he'll sort that bit for you) park at the row of Bureaux de Change just beyond; you'll need to get some dirhams anyway. The last building is an assurance company and will sell you insurance. It ain't cheap and I really have no idea if it's any good, but that's life!

Follow the Morocco 2016 thread - lots of info on there. Look forward to perhaps seeing you somewhere, there's quite a few Funsters roaming Maroc.

6. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Just curious, but why do you need different insurance for a scooter in Maroc, why does the existing insurance not cover it ? (n)

7. Sparkly

Sparkly Funster Life Member

It depends on whether your UK insurance company will issue a green card for your scooter for Morocco. Ours did but if the OPs insurance company won't then they'll need to buy it elsewhere, e,g at the border.

• Thanks Thanks x 1