Talk Talk - where do I start (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Unfortunately I am a TalkTalk customer. I'm sure you are well aware there have been a few issues. I am experiencing a major issue now that all emails ever sent to me are coming back to my inbox. (Currently have over 4000 plus attachments etc) If I delete them they just come back. Calling TT has been less than helpful. It was supposed to be resolved by Saturday night but no further forward.
Going forward is there something I can do? Is there a better/cheaper provider that you would recommend? Many thanks

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm with Plusnet. Upgraded to fibre I pay £32 a month for landline rental, broadband and all landline UK calls. Ordinary broadband is £26 a month inc line rental and all landline calls in UK.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I'm assuming you use Talk talk as your e-mail client ? Why not just change that ?
We are with Talk Talk,but use AOL and Hotmail (Outlook) for e-mail.
We are happy to stay with Talk Talk and are about to upgrade to fibre with them and get sims from them.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Have had similar problems with each mails in that the in box has loaded with each mails from way back..fortunately when deleted they didn't re appear ..
Had other issues with them that have taken 6 months to resolve... I think their customer service is dreadful..but I'm still there so only myself to blame..
Hope you get sorted...
If I knew any provider that gave good customer service I would make the effort to move providing the price was not silly
Ta Andy

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You could stay with TT (if you really wanted!) but set-up a webmail account with, say Google (@gmail.com)?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I know that this won't help you but it makes me feel better when I say how pleased I was when I left TT - they were truly awful.

We are now with Virgin Media who are much better.

Sorry that you are having problems with TT. Good luck.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We are with talktalk , no problem with them at all, we did have one a few months ago Maureen phoned the help line, and spent 2-3 hours talking to a Chinese guy who spent time talking her through the problem. We have been with them since they took over Onetel.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When we decided to leave Talk Talk we ended up with 3 months of extra charges after Leaving them.

What ever we did we could not convince them that they had overcharged. In the end I dropped it. Not normally my stance but I couldn't be arsed to keep going

Needless to say, we will never rejoin them, whatever their promises.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
+1 for Plusnet fibre
Since installation its just been there, not really thought or worried about it.
Bit like the tap, turn it on & water flows.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are with talktalk , no problem with them at all, we did have one a few months ago Maureen phoned the help line, and spent 2-3 hours talking to a Chinese guy who spent time talking her through the problem. We have been with them since they took over Onetel.
Must be the exception that proves the rule :D

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
My late father was with Talk Talk and when I was acting as his executor I had to deal with them.
They were truly awful and incompetent, to the point that when they eventually closed his account they sent a cheque for his overpayment to his address, and I could not bank the cheque because it was made out to my father.
And now, almost three years after he passed away, I have received correspondence addressed to me describing me as 'dear Talk Talk customer'.

To go off topic for a moment, today I cease to be a customer of EE.
I've had a contract with Orange for more than 20 years, but since they became part of EE everything about them has been abysmal.
The moment it was announced that they were to become part of BT
I knew it was time to walk away.
Stef.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
[Edit] Having re-read the OP I realise that the problem appears to be with incoming e-mails rather than outgoing, but I'll keep the info below in case someone else is having the problem I've described.

We had an issue with a few e-mails including one which caused problems for a business-related booking.

When the TalkTalk server was hacked it meant that its security/reliability rating was lowered with a number of agencies that block spam. These agencies provide spam filtering services for other organisations, so when you try to contact those organisations your mails get bounced back as potential spam. It's nothing to do with your individual account or where your e-mail account/domain is registered, it's to do with the TalkTalk IP address from which they originate being tainted.

If e-mails are getting bounced back, check at Broken Link Removed to see who's blocking them. It may only be one or two that are doing this - in my case it was two. They can be approached online and you can request a de-listing from their blacklist.

Alternatively you can switch IP but you may end up paying a severance fee or 'admin charge' to cancel your TalkTalk contract.

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If I knew any provider that gave good customer service I would make the effort to move providing the price was not silly

Give Mavis or your good neighbour your fon box then you can use your iboost and have no TT bill :)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We moved from Orange/EE to Talk Talk and would say I prefer Talk Talk. I dont use the e-mail as I use Hotmail/Outlook. EE had issues with the Broadband dropping and each time I reported it they treated it like a new fault. As I work from home it was a pain each time it happened. Since going with Talk Talk I have only had 1 drop and that was when a BT Engineer was looking for a spare line for a new connection and managed to temporarily disconnect mine.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The simple solution is to just stop using them for email, setup new account with outlook.com /gmail.com to name the big 2 and tell everyone your new email address. Delete the email account in the program you are using that connects to talk talk and add your new one from the 2 mentioned earlier. If this sounds complicated i am sure there are plenty of people that can talk/walk you through it on here, just shout :)

Most know that this company has shocking customer service but if its only email causing the issue then this is the simplest solution.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Have had similar problems with each mails in that the in box has loaded with each mails from way back..fortunately when deleted they didn't re appear ..
Had other issues with them that have taken 6 months to resolve... I think their customer service is dreadful..but I'm still there so only myself to blame..
Hope you get sorted...
Ta Andy
PlusNet or Zen. Top providers year after year. See

Broken Link Removed

PC Pro do this every year - and every year the same ISPs are at the top. And the same ones are at the bottom. I've been with Zen for 10 years+ with NO complaints.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Was with AOL and now TT
Never had any real issues at all.. Had maybe three drop outs of less than 2 minutes in the last 10 years or so ( proly get them all the time now I have posted this LOL !! )
The only time I did have a problem ( quite recently... running painfully slow ) I foned on the 0800 number and the chap got it sorted there and then, got me straight back on line within seconds
He also arranged for a new modem to be delivered as mine was out of date.. That arrived the following day

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
The only time I did have a problem ( quite recently... running painfully slow ) I foned on the 0800 number and the chap got it sorted there and then, got me straight back on line within seconds

I've with TT for over 10 years and really never had a problem and consistently the cheapest, but I am sure they can turn the speed up/down.
When ever I've complain about it, it always gets faster. I have 10-12 Mb at the moment in a pretty rural village

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am really at the end of the line.. Download is about 5 m and upload .7 :(

But it has been like that for years...