Talbot R800 Pilote (1 Viewer)

Philson

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Funster No
Hi.
I have just taken my first faltering footstep into motorhoming and bought a 1987 Talbot R800 Pilote.
There are no manuals, instruction leaflets or anything at all to indicate what does what. Are manuals available anywhere?

Whilst it's a Talbot, I don't know what the engine or chassis is. I already need spare parts. The clutch is very stiff and the gearchange is like stirring a bowl of porridge. I know this is a regular fault with the Talbot Express, is this what I have bought?

I hope you can help.

Regards,
Philip

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
congratulations on your motorhome

If you have bought a talbot express, we have one too.

Talbot parts dependent on what you need are not always the easiest to get hold of however a replacement clutch should be no problem.

I suggest that you wait for the log book/registration document which will give you some of the details you require for obtaining parts

Sorry this isnt of much help.

Can you stick a photo on, someone may be able to help you further

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Philson

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Funster No
V5 Doesn't help

Hi again,
I do have the V5 but it doesn't help identify the model, just 2.5 deisel.
Good idea about a photo, I will try to attach a couple.
Thanks for your help so far.
Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• MH1.JPG
    MH1.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 111
  • MH2.JPG
    MH2.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Pilote

Hi Philson used to have a Pilote R850 on a1988 talbot express 2.5 diesel, it was a good van I had a few good trips abroad in it. I don't know if anyone can supply you with any manuals for it, the best bet would be to contact the main importers for Pilote.It used to be Hayes leisure of Darlaston near Birmingham they may be able to help,or you could try contacting the Pilote owners association, there might be a member who could help you.My pilote was about the same size as yours it was an A Class six berth none turbo diesel the only thing wrong with it Is that I Found it very underpowered, especially when you got to any hills or long inclines on motorways, and yes the gearstick was like stirring porridge but you get used to it. Something to do with the gear linkages, they might be worn or need adjusting. The clutch was fairly heavy in comparison to today's modern vehicles my average fuel consumption was around 25 miles to the gallon depending on how you drove and also weather conditions, the worst consumption i ever had was around 21mpg I had the van from new and had it about 2 years :thumb:happy days.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Delphin Designs should be able to help especially with the gearchange.
http://www.delfindesigns.co.uk/
You may also want to identify the various items i.e fridge,heater,cooker etc. and contsct themanufacturer who may be able to supply copies of instructions.

Upvote 0

wrecks

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
18 months
pilote r800

hi philson i have r800 1986 vintage. have some manuals contact me on 07971217056
hope this will be of some help.
very pleased with mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Philson

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for your message Wrecks, I have tried to call a couple of times and will continue trying.
Regards, Phil

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back