Free Member
Aug 24, 2010
Ramsey, Isle of man
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all,

I have recently been "Gifted" a 1988 2.5td Talbot Hymer B594 ( I think ! ) which has a faulty brake master cylinder. Does anyone know which Talbot model this was based on so that I can order the relevent part for repair ? or is there a specific Hymer part number for the master cylinder ?

thanks !

Andi

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi all,

I have recently been "Gifted" a 1988 2.5td Talbot Hymer B594 ( I think ! ) which has a faulty brake master cylinder. Does anyone know which Talbot model this was based on so that I can order the relevent part for repair ? or is there a specific Hymer part number for the master cylinder ?

thanks !

Andi

It will not be a Hymer part number as they do not make the Cab/mechanical part of the motorhome.

It will be a Talbot / Fiat whatever common or garden master cylinder, take it off and go round the breakers or motor factors with it, you may even be able to get a kit to recon it with

Peter

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi all,

thanks !

Andi

The Talbot Express/Peugeot J5/Citroen C25/Fiat Ducato are all the same vehicle and many spares are available from the dealers. Check prices, though, as they can differ wildly from one dealer to another.

Alternatively, there's always eBay or, as Peter says, your local motor spares shop or breaker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Andi

I have used this firm

http://www.brakes.org.uk/

in the past and they provide a very comprehensive on-line catalogue for all makes.

I believe that your vehicle is similar to the early Fiat Ducato's/Citroen C25 and the catalogue shows two master cylinders for your vehicle year. The master cylinder could be either a 2 or 4 bolt fitting and the prices vary from £53.59 to £48.42.

Part numbers are BMC4343 or BMC 4459 respectively.

I would think that any good Motor Factor would be able to get the cylinders for you but I have been delighted with the next day service of Brakeparts.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Andi

I have used this firm

http://www.brakes.org.uk/

in the past and they provide a very comprehensive on-line catalogue for all makes.

I believe that your vehicle is similar to the early Fiat Ducato's/Citroen C25 and the catalogue shows two master cylinders for your vehicle year. The master cylinder could be either a 2 or 4 bolt fitting and the prices vary from £53.59 to £48.42.

Part numbers are BMC4343 or BMC 4459 respectively.

I would think that any good Motor Factor would be able to get the cylinders for you but I have been delighted with the next day service of Brakeparts.
I have a 91 petrol Talbot and according to the Russek book all the brake master cylinders were Girling but different sizes were used. £50-ish isn't out of the way for a new master cylinder.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nearly all Motor Factors these days use DVLA Registration software to identify vehicles so just provide reg number when ordering and you will get the right part
Im talking motor trade type factors here
not Halfrauds, quick fits or A1 motorparts etc
Try Partco:thumb:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

andi4x4

Free Member
Aug 24, 2010
Ramsey, Isle of man
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Everyone !

Wow ! Thanks for all the advice with this - very greatful !

I haven't got the front panel off yet to check, but, will have a look at it today and get one ordered. We have a Partco agent on the Isle of Man so getting the right part shouldn't be too much trouble.

@Geo -

unfortuntately my Hymer is Manx registered, so, the avarage motor factors would not be able to find it on the DVLA list. This is because the UK DVLA do not list Manx registrations in their database due the the UK and Manx VRO's being totally independent of each other - However, if I could find out what its old UK registration number was, then, this could be done, so long as the old reg hasn't been reissued to another vehicle as a private plate !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back