Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Derby
Funster No
MH
pilote
Exp
Since 2009
Up date,this is a Talbot Express 2500cc diesel can anybody tell me what the top small hose in the radiator should be doing,ie,bleed or go to the expansion tank.Photo's added,hope it helps,also it is a Pilote and not as i stated a Hymer.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Up date,this is a Talbot Express 2500cc diesel can anybody tell me what the top small hose in the radiator should be doing,ie,bleed or go to the expansion tank.Photo's added,hope it helps,also it is a Pilote and not as i stated a Hymer.

In picture 2 the black hose should go to the radiator and the small white or cream hose is the overflow. Am sorry but I cant make out what picture 1 is.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Pic 2 agree with Dave

Pic 1, if that is the top of the radiator then the hose is pressurised so should be going to either the expansion tank or perhaps the control valve for the cab heater matrix

really need a bigger overall picture of the engine bay to be sure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Had another look at pic 1` and it looks like someone has used a piece of gas pipe for whatever its doing.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Have you physically traced the Pipe with your hand? Where does it go?

OP
OP
S

stevieandkaz

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Derby
Funster No
MH
pilote
Exp
Since 2009
Reply for radiator hose.

Thanks Snowbird,Scotjimland and Rangitira,the cream hose is a gas pipe,i know it should'nt be,but this is connected to the top of the radiator and is blanked off,at the moment,so it goes nowhere.The small black hose from the top of the expansion tank goes to a white distribution plastic cylinder which is also fed by the expansion tank main feed pipe which goes to the heater matrix and the engine.When i press the top hose from the radiator into the engine the water does come out of the expansion tank,so it is flowing around engine,i think. But if the cream pipe from the top of the radiator should go to the expansion tank where does the small black hose from the expansion tank go_Or should the cream hose be fitted with a bleed valve.I have also had water going into the expansion tank and it does flow out of the top cream hose in the radiator,this also happens when the engine is running,and the water does become warm,so i have flow.Also there is an over flow pipe in the expansion tank at the filler cap.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks Snowbird,Scotjimland and Rangitira,the cream hose is a gas pipe,i know it should'nt be,but this is connected to the top of the radiator and is blanked off,at the moment,so it goes nowhere.The small black hose from the top of the expansion tank goes to a white distribution plastic cylinder which is also fed by the expansion tank main feed pipe which goes to the heater matrix and the engine.When i press the top hose from the radiator into the engine the water does come out of the expansion tank,so it is flowing around engine,i think. But if the cream pipe from the top of the radiator should go to the expansion tank where does the small black hose from the expansion tank go_Or should the cream hose be fitted with a bleed valve.I have also had water going into the expansion tank and it does flow out of the top cream hose in the radiator,this also happens when the engine is running,and the water does become warm,so i have flow.Also there is an over flow pipe in the expansion tank at the filler cap.

Lets try to address each issue as we come to it.
I cant see a problem with using gas pipe as water hose.
The gas pipe hose SHOULD go from the top of the rad, to the expansion tank which has the black hose on it now.
I havnt a clue why the black pipe goes to another plastic bottle and as far as am aware it certainly SHOULD NOT feed the heater matrix.
A previous owner has obviously been doing a bit of the dreaded motorhome DIY.
But if everything works as it should with no overheating problems, I would be inclined to turn a blind eye to it.
If your not happy, then the only solution is try to find a similar model and copy the original plumbing.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having given it a bit more thought, just MAYBE a previous owner has fitted a none standard radiator, possibly from a similar vehicle but with an auto gearbox or turbo. As I said earlier, if it works OK, leave it alone.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Also had a thought after reading Snowbirds last but one post,could it be the last owner fitted an Oil Cooler matrix?
I know I have a totally different engine at present to the Talbot but I have a matrix that is a water cooled (for want of a better word!) Oil "cooler"

OP
OP
S

stevieandkaz

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Derby
Funster No
MH
pilote
Exp
Since 2009
rad hoseing.

Thanx Snowbird i will take your advice and leave it for now,i will run it and see what happens.Again thanx .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back