Talbot Express Accelerator Pedal (1 Viewer)

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Not sure if its just me, but I find the driving position in the Talbot Express really uncomfortable!!! so much so that I advertised my camper on E---:Eeek:
Today after several attemps by Dawn to prop me up with cushions I knew she really didn't want to sell "Molly" :cry:
So after being out in the BMW and realising how comfortable it was to drive, I decided to modify the accelerator pedal on Molly, so out came the cutter :Eeek:
I cut the pedal arm down and for now until I get a BMW pedal or similar, I've made a pedal which works a treat and what a difference its made :thumb: just like driving a car.
So now Molly's staying and the BM's is going :Angry::cry:

So if you find the accelerator pedal to high, try it :thumb:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I used to stick my other foot underneath and use it as a heel rest on long journeys. ::bigsmile:

Unless we were going uphill, in which case I stood up with my foot flat down on it.

I think it was one of the most awkwards bu**ers to drive I've ever come across - which is one of the reasons why I gave up and went back to a caravan. And also why I'm taking my time and looking at many options before I revert.

Is the Peugeot/Fiat more modern equivalent as awkward?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I built a flat floor in my cab, which not only solved the pedal problem but also gave 3 small underfloor storage areas to take things like towrope, jumpleads etc. Becuase the cab floor was originall lower than the conversion floor it also got rid of a trip hazard.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wildcamper

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
I used to stick my other foot underneath and use it as a heel rest on long journeys. ::bigsmile:

Unless we were going uphill, in which case I stood up with my foot flat down on it.

I think it was one of the most awkwards bu**ers to drive I've ever come across - which is one of the reasons why I gave up and went back to a caravan. And also why I'm taking my time and looking at many options before I revert.

Is the Peugeot/Fiat more modern equivalent as awkward?

Never thought to use my other foot :Doh: would have saved alot of work.

Not quite sure about the newer peugeot/fiat, the newest one I've had was an R reg and I can't remember what it drove like :Eeek:

OP
OP
wildcamper

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
I built a flat floor in my cab, which not only solved the pedal problem but also gave 3 small underfloor storage areas to take things like towrope, jumpleads etc. Becuase the cab floor was originall lower than the conversion floor it also got rid of a trip hazard.:thumb:

Good tip :thumb: will keep that in mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back