Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
im a newbie
does anybody know why my van has blown a main 35amp fuse when i was out and about today,i can only think it is because i had my fridge on have i done wrong ding this any help please, newbie :Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If perchance you had the fridge on 12v without the engine running and ran the battery almost flat then the increased charge rate could theoretically blow the fuse. What state are your batteries in have you checked them lately. Only ever run the fridge on 12v (unless its a compressor fridge) when the engine is running. So more info needed.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Given that Talbots will be at least 17 years old, they are prone to "old age" type electric problems. Poor earth is a common issue. I'll go and have a look at my so called wiring diagram and see what I can make out for the 35amp fuse.

Where's this 35amp fuse?

And I echo what Roger said. We have a system of switching the fridge on once the engine is running.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

watchmanmichael

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
im a newbie
talbot elecs

HI thanks for all the advice,the fuse is located next to the 12volt battery in the engine compartment cheers mike

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a fridge will draw 10 amps if your battery is very low and you put the fridge on and maybe your lights/radio etc you could easily exceed 35amp. So reduce the load when starting and you should be ok.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back