Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We hope to be taking delivery of our 1st M/home from the dealer soon-a pre-owned LMC Liberty 591. We have agreed,with the previous owner,certain 'luxury' items to remain.
I asked the dealer if there was any negotiation on the price for a cash sale and he intimated that,while he couldn't drop the price,a deal could be possible on some 'extras'.
The question now is,what are 'extras'? Or,maybe it should be-what SHOULD be there by right ?
I would expect to have a Hook-up lead,a fresh water hose and a grey water outlet hose.
Am I right in expecting these items ? Are there other things I should expect ?
As touring Europe was mentioned during our inspection of the M/home,would EU adaptors and a polarity checker be 'essential' items as they would make the vehicle 'fit for our stated intended use'? (written with tongue in cheek).
For complete beginners it is very hard to know exactly what to expect-hope you can help.

Groundhog

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Since 2008
In addition to what you have already mentioned, what about:-

Levelling ramps
European gas adaptors
Red and white warning sign if carrying anything on the back abroad
Bike Rack
Warning triangles x 2
High - viz jackets x number of passengers
Spare set of bulbs
Spare fuses

You could then try:-

Automatic satellite TV system
Sat-Nav
etc, etc, etc.

Just keep asking until he says NO, you probably know then that you have gone as far as you can without walking away.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Extras

Hi Mike and Carolyn, and welcome,

My I suggest:

If your m/h is not fitted with the Gaslow refillable system, ask for that, but with the remote filler outside the gas cabinet. In europe they do not like to see you open the gas cabinet to refill. They think you are fillng a portable cylinder, which you are but fixed in the cabinet.:Smile:

Look at Gaslow - home for more information, propane is available at the pumps for around 50p litre, a lot cheaper than exchange cylinders, and convenient, plus you will be saving around £360 for two 11kgs cylinders plus pipework and fitting, and the dealer can do it for around £200:roflmto:

Is there a cycle rack fitted, and will you be wanting to take cycles with you, if so that could be a useful item!!:Cool:

What about an external gas point, if you use a gas BBQ, you will need one:winky:

Is there an awning fitted, if not, what about an awning, nice for shade when touring in the sunshine, and resting under with the wine glass, and yes what about camping chairs, or sun loungers, and a table for outdoor use....:whatthe:

Just a few suggestions..but you MUST have groundhogs essential list, and the supplementary one if you can:thumb:

Nomadic

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back