LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Hi all, thought I would take this opportunity to introduce ourselves.

My name is Vic, 62 years young.

Caroline, the present Mrs Hymie (of indeterminate age) , and I have returned to motor homing after 30 years, (VW campervan) not quite retired yet but practising for it, we have recently become the current carers of a 2002 Hymer B564.

Never "Been Foreign" in a Motorhome before but looking to rectify that on the 27th, if we don't get blown over on the way to Dover.

Caroline thinks we are going to a site at Folkstone so she will have a surprise when we pull in to the ferry port, (I am hoping for a "Whoopee" rather than a "You must be joking" reaction, as you can imagine. :ROFLMAO:

We are booked in to the Jeugstadion from Friday to Monday but will not arrive until around 2230hrs, does anyone know if you can get in to this site that late?

Anyway, enough of the questions already, just like to wish all the Funsters a very happy Xmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome. Hope your surprise trip goes well and leads to lots more visits. Good luck and seasons greetings.:thumb:
Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome to Motorhymerfun. Hope you are secretly packing her passport and very warm clothes too!
::bigsmile:
Have a good one.
Sandra

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is the site open at this time of year? The website I found says it is closed but no doubt it must be wrong if you have a booking.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Welcome

Recommendation from SWMBO is that you come clean before you leave - a woman who hasn't got the right clothes is not a nice person to be around :Smile:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Late arrival... no problem!

We are booked in to the Jeugdstadion from Friday to Monday but will not arrive until around 2230hrs, does anyone know if you can get in to this site that late?

Vic,

Welcome to the FUN...... good times await courtesy of the help and assistance afforded by members of the group!

Specifically, at the Ypres Jeugdstadion it won't matter what time you arrive, as the check-in is totally automated at this time of year. You will need your booking reference written down (and allocated pitch no. if given on your booking confirmation). Pull up in the street outside the entrance barrier and walk into the site. Ahead of you will be two buildings: the wooden Reception office, which is closed, and a larger concrete building that has a booking office (looks a bit like one of those ATM lobbys). Enter the booking office and the machine has a touchscreen set-up as I recall... enter your details as requested (booking ref./pitch no etc.) and it then spits out a barrier entry card that should activate the barrier so you can drive in.

The campsite is closed bet. 12th Nov and 1st March so the toilet block/showers will be closed but the aire side of the site with its water/waste facilities is open all year, hence the automated entry system.

It's a nice little site that is well handy for Ypres town and touring the area.

Have fun.. and good luck with the subterfuge!

Simon.

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
:welcomefunster: seasons greetings and good luck with your trip :thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to fun

Hope everything goes ok

Mel & Lieve

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi - your inaugural outing sounds like fun! :thumb:

Do let us know how you get on.

Oh, and welcome. :winky:

Mike

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi and welcome to the loony bin :thumb:

I would advise you ring the ferry before leaving home ( if you can do it covertly ! ) as there is a BIG storm gonna hit tomorrow and the ferries may be dock bound for 12 to 16 hours :-(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back