Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
Hello,

I have a 1989 Hymer B694 Tag axle motorhome on a Peugeot J5 2.5 td chassis.

We had a problem with the brakes as every time you pressed the pedal the brakes would lock on, After much investigating we found what looks to be a one way valve just back from the nearside seat, When we removed this and put a spacer in its place and the brakes have been ok since if a little bit more travel.

Can you confirm our suspicions as to why we need a one way valve in the system?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hello,

I have a 1989 Hymer B694 Tag axle motorhome on a Peugeot J5 2.5 td chassis.

We had a problem with the brakes as every time you pressed the pedal the brakes would lock on, After much investigating we found what looks to be a one way valve just back from the nearside seat, When we removed this and put a spacer in its place and the brakes have been ok since if a little bit more travel.

Can you confirm our suspicions as to why we need a one way valve in the system?

It may be acting like one, Im not aware of any one way valves in any braking system Its more likely a pressure regulator/equaliser brake bias valve thats gorn tits up it needs replacing dont circumvent anything on your brakes some very strange things can happen under emergency braking, your insurance will have a field day if police examiner says system was modified:Sad:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
It may be acting like one, Im not aware of any one way valves in any braking system Its more likely a pressure regulator/equaliser brake bias valve thats gorn tits up it needs replacing dont circumvent anything on your brakes some very strange things can happen under emergency braking, your insurance will have a field day if police examiner says system was modified:Sad:

I'm sure Geo is right its a pressure regulator/equaliser brake bias valve especially as its a tag axle. Seem to remember reading about these playing up when I was researching mine before I bought it. Tag axles often need a double tap on the brake pedal to increase brake pressure. Mine does and plenty of others I've spoken to have said their's are the same. Brakes work perfect without a double tap and fly through the mot but pedal pressure definately increses if you just release pressure a fraction the reapply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
meexi

meexi

Free Member
Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
That`s what i was thinking, the next question is where do i look for a replacement?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That`s what i was thinking, the next question is where do i look for a replacement?

Try this company .. get good reviews and if they can't help should be able to point you to someone who can.. worth a call

Link Removed

OP
OP
meexi

meexi

Free Member
Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
Try this company .. get good reviews and if they can't help should be able to point you to someone who can.. worth a call

Link Removed

Hi Jim,

Tried them, They seem to only do interior work.

Meexi

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back